PDA

View Full Version : CRV Enquirey

JEZ83L
26-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi All,

Tried search and couldn't find what I was after.

I wanted to know owners opinions of the Honda CRV. I would like to buy one of these cars soon and wanted to know what you think of yours and any minor/major mechanical/or other problems they might have.

I'm looking for an early model say 98 onwards with low kms. What's a good price for such a car?

Cheers,

Jesse

Pogi
26-02-2006, 11:38 PM
I'd prolly check redbook.com.au or those trading post or any other car sales websites online to get a definite idea of price for particular year models.

I drive an '05 sport auto model. It has decent power, a comfort to drive, great features, etc. I haven't had any mechanical problems at all, but it's been serviced regularly by a Honda dealership so I expect no problems whatsoever.

One gripe I have is that I wish the sunroof could be opened at a larger angle, because it sits rather low, around 10-15 degrees? Considering other sunroofs on other Hondas sit on a higher angle. But maybe this is to prevent theft or something.

Hope you enjoy your future CRV. :)

bigdongers
27-02-2006, 12:59 PM
For a 98 model, check for the following:

- full service history
- Brake disc pads replaced
- new tyres
- timing belt replaced

NeRV
27-02-2006, 10:39 PM
My dad has a 2000 Model CRV Sports... tbh, the interior looks and feels cheap... the seats arnt really comfortable, its abit stiff, but i love the DOHC B20, sounds awesome when fanging it, but its kinda crap going up hills... its a nice run around car, we never had a problem with ours, its great in reliability, but im not sure about fuel consumption, i havent driven it for a full tank before, so i wouldnt really know, i would rather get the newer CRV's, if you have the extra bling ... this is just my opinion, hope it helped =]

JEZ83L
28-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks all for your input so far.

My motivation is I need a bigger car and I would like a CRV to keep it Honda. I will look out for those points dongers, cheers :)
I have checked Carsales.com.au for prices and have a better idea now Pogi, I'm driven more by what I want to spend so I'm looking at ealier models from about '98 onwards. I like ow the sun roof is between the front and back seats, keeps the sun off my face as I tend to burn quite easy.

No doubt soon I will be hitting this forum with pics soon.... Just got to sell my del Sol :)

Thanks again!

Jesse

hihidamon
01-03-2006, 02:17 AM
I sold my 98 CRV to Trivett Paramatta for $9500 last October with 100,000kms on the clock. Full Honda service history, roof racks, side steps, alloys, cd stacker. Mind you ABS and Sunroof were not available until 99 facelift with the introduction of Sport model (although there were a handful of limited edition just before 99 with the roof and ABS as standard).

As an ex-owner of my hard working CRV, I'd say you would be better in getting at least the facelifted Gen1 model (99 onwards with upgraded airbox for improved engine power output). STAY AWAY from 98 and earlier ones like mine, as they would be super thirsty on fuel, gutless and gearbox/drivetrain problems. If your budget permits, just get the gen2 CRV for the peace of mind.

Just my 2c from an ex-owner's perspective...

Datuk
01-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Mate I have an 02 CRV and I have no problems with it. It drives well and handles well. Great car!

nexace
02-03-2006, 08:56 AM
We've got a 01 CRV Sport...great car. Not too sure about current prices though.

Good fuel economy (for this type of car) and also a very versatile luggage area. Visibily is good and parking is easy. However, having said that, take the car for a test drive before buying it. :)