PDA

View Full Version : rattling sound

jklo
26-02-2006, 09:29 PM
There seems to be a vibrating rattling sound coming out from the front passenger side. Sometimes it's there some times it isn't. ANyone have any idea? I think it's coming from either inside the aircon filter section or the airconditioning. Also whenever i turn on the aircon, the middle air con vents has a rattling sound. Took it to honda and they say they can't do nothing about it. They say it's cause by the blowing air which is blowing to the foils which is making that sound. Any idea anyone?

Jazzle
26-02-2006, 10:20 PM
is ur car prefacelift or facelift?? my prefacelift one used to have rattling sound coming out from the passenger side.. especially when car's going over hump..

and my current facelift jazz has got noise coming out from middle air vent whenever aircon is on... i had a real good listen..and it does sound like it's caused by wind blowing on something which i think is a good thing (since there's no mechanical faulty or watever), however wat i dont understand is i never get the noise with just ventilation turned on. (like air blowing at max speed without air con off)..

so i guess they r normal or just a very small problem..

PS: if you find out how to fix the air con noises, please tell me! =)

jklo
26-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Mines a facelifted one. The mechanics over at honda suggested that because the air vents in the middle is one channel splitting into two. And the foils over at the aircon ducts are making that sound. I haven't seen into what it is without the dash board, so i am taking what he is saying. The sound they say is actually foil. However the passenger side rattling sound is driving me crazy.... still trying to determine where it is coming from. It's only recently that the car's starting to make funny noises. Geezzz... MADE IN JAPAN.... sighhh...

Jazzle
27-02-2006, 11:11 AM
then can he explain y the noise isn't happening with just air blowing??

Fizz
27-02-2006, 11:48 AM
mines an '05 model jazz, only 6 mths old, i also hear (slight) rattling sound from the middle aircond vents and also from both ends of the dashboard.

Judge
27-02-2006, 12:29 PM
i have dashboard tattle on the passenger side.

i usually put some pressure on it, then it goes away. it seems to be where the plastics meet the glass, or trim panel for the tiny triangle window.

08ESE
27-02-2006, 03:06 PM
my back seat rattles, its annoying, ill have to fix it one day :)

^CarBoy^
27-02-2006, 09:46 PM
I think i'm having that dashboard rattle aswell...

jklo
27-02-2006, 11:56 PM
seems like the jazz has some built qualities sorted out. Geez, Japan made. Today I shown a bright light throught the air con vent and I think i saw a little twig sticking out. I am thinking if thats the culprit. I'll try taking alook at it and try taking it out to see if it works. Will keep everyone posted about the results. Also today, I have found a new sound to it. The jazz is starting to make its own music nowwww.....

Judge
28-02-2006, 09:02 AM
dont drop any tools in there...:)