PDA

View Full Version : Question on Subs

scott1e
26-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Hey guys,

My friend kindly donated his old 10" Bass VR Alpine Sub to me.. It is 4 OHMS with a 500W peak.. 150W RMS..

The sub is not in a box so if I decide to use it, Ill have to purchase a box for it but I was also hoping to get another 10" and put it in the box too.. Is there a problem with mixing sub brands? Im not sure how much a similar Alpine sub would cost but Ive heard theyre the best brand and thus Im assuming its quite steep..

How much would it cost to fit them in a box? And what amp would you reccomend to run my front splits as well as the sub's..

Cheers,
Scott

aka_NSX
26-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey guys,

My friend kindly donated his old 10" Bass VR Alpine Sub to me.. It is 4 OHMS with a 500W peak.. 150W RMS..

The sub is not in a box so if I decide to use it, Ill have to purchase a box for it but I was also hoping to get another 10" and put it in the box too.. Is there a problem with mixing sub brands? Im not sure how much a similar Alpine sub would cost but Ive heard theyre the best brand and thus Im assuming its quite steep..

How much would it cost to fit them in a box? And what amp would you reccomend to run my front splits as well as the sub's..

Cheers,
Scott

no u cant mix the sub coz every sub has got their own Thiele/Small Parameters...........

TRU32U
26-02-2006, 11:52 PM
what cars it goin in
generally no dont mix subs.
if you need hook ups for equipment and installations pm me

Fhrx
27-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Sadly you cannot mix different subwoofers in the same enclosure because (besides sounding terrible due to different motors) they can potentially damage or even destroy one another. You can use two different subs in a separate chamber enclosure but like aka_NSX eluded to above, due to the different T/S specs (the subs electro-mechanical qualities) they will not sound that flash together. :(

Fhrx
27-02-2006, 07:51 AM

You would have to PM me for the enclosure quote and can you tell us more about your front splits please?

scott1e
27-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Sure..

Well perhaps you could PM me a quote instead?

So id need to buy another sub of the same brand/quality for it to work..

Front splits are 200W Sony Xplod speakers with tweeters...

Anything else you need to know?

Car is a '90 Honda Accord for the record

joneblaze
27-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Marty,

That's not Nico, lol.

And can you please reply my email? Sent it mid last week. :)

Jon

scott1e
27-02-2006, 06:07 PM
You alright mate? Maybe wront thread or something?

ICACHA
27-02-2006, 06:43 PM
similar honda nuggets, thats why the man got confused :p

i.e AKA-NSX is Laski & Nico(something or other) is Nico :D

joneblaze
27-02-2006, 06:47 PM
G'day George - you free yet mate??? LOL...

Or still busy with family and lacking work time? :)

I've almost got together my ensemble of bits and pieces. Just need someone to install now.

scott1e
27-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Ohh ok.. No worries.. my intent for the thread was a chatroom anyway...

Only playing bud, but perhaps youd like to take that sort of thing to PM? :)

joneblaze
27-02-2006, 06:55 PM
LOL...sorry Scottie. Can do ;)

You might want to pick ICACHA's (George) brains about a few ideas regarding an Accord setup.

I believe his own Accord is a 90's model of some sort.

Fhrx
28-02-2006, 08:18 AM
And can you please reply my email? Sent it mid last week. :)

I've stated a million times before; we answer tonnes of emails within a day or two of getting them. If you haven't got a reply within a day or two then we never received it.

Send it again.

scott1e
28-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Way to hijack my thread lol... So anyone got any more info or recommendations for the sub/amp combo?

marte
28-02-2006, 05:25 PM
whats ur price range?

scott1e
28-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Im looking at spending around...

500 or thereabouts for the AMP and Sub/S including installation..

I could stretch it to MAX 650/700 if I had to.. but then again I dont want the best of the best.. just some good quality stuff :)

marte
28-02-2006, 07:30 PM
well you'd need to decide what kinda bass your after, do you prefer rnb or techno music. this would define what the best subs to put in ur car also. for eg. if you preferred techno 2x12inch subs are best bc of there response rate compared to bigger subs. if you liked ur rnb then 15inch is the way to go, big bass...

mj3610
28-02-2006, 07:34 PM
the fusion encounters arent bad subs for ur price range.

marte
28-02-2006, 07:40 PM
a good sub & encloser try 450 Watt Woofer Sledge Hammer or the JBL Bass Reflex Subwoofer Box there pre loaded.and for amps try getting ur hands on a cheap mono block that way it focuses on more bass, possibly infinity im running two infinity amps atm there awesome bang for ya buck