PDA

View Full Version : E-manage, dislike?

spetz
27-02-2006, 01:33 AM
I noticed a lot of people on here seem to really dislike the GReddy E-manage.

I was wondering why?

Keeping in mind it is only a piggyback, it is cheap, and has a lot of optional extra's, what is so bad about it, and what other piggyback can do a better job?

vtc
27-02-2006, 03:08 AM
I think most people like the emanage over the vafc, however its just that here is not as many tuners around who have great experience with the emanage.

Slow96GSR
27-02-2006, 07:41 AM
For 300-700usd it's not bad, depends on the tuner. Also depends on what all you need to be able to control. If you have the money Hondata and AEM EMS are good to have, more controllability with them.

Weq
27-02-2006, 04:06 PM
the emanage is dispised in the honda community due to the fact there are so many more complete and cheaper solutions around for the 'popular' spec's of cars. If you arnt odb1 or manual, you get no love and everyone is ignorant of the application of the many hundreds of other EM's avaible.

edit i have hondata, but i have previously used/bought 5 other emanages. all i picked up for around 100usd and one for a measly 50usd. These are off honda owners. the cars ive used em on have made between 100-200% improvement over stock power levels, atw. They are a capable unit.

Eclipsor
27-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Being a piggy back unit do they have the problem of the ecu simply relearning back to stock ratio? (am I on the complete wrong track?)

Weq
27-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Only on some newer model cars. (read 02+)

spetz
27-02-2006, 10:45 PM
But, taking into consideration they are just a piggyback (so only compare to other piggybacks) and they are not that expensive, they are very good?

Cold Fusion
30-07-2006, 09:43 PM
im about to buy one, whats so bad about them? i have heard good things about them

comments?

saxman
31-07-2006, 04:00 AM
they're fine, if you do not own an obd0 or obd1 honda that has vastly superior ecu options available for less cst.

CUL8R
31-07-2006, 10:31 AM
standalone ecus will always be better to piggyback units as piggyback units such as the vafc(dunno bout emanage) "trick" the ecu into thinking something else.
i had a vafc2 and thought it was the shiznit(hell for the cash it was great money spent) since upgrading to the s300 i look back and think wtf was i doing?
from my experiance (not as extensive as weq or slow96gsr) save a bit more cash and pick up a standalone ecu.
even something like a p28/p72 chipped and running something like crome/uberdata/neptune (free programs) will be a fantastic choice over a piggyback unit

Cold Fusion
21-02-2007, 11:12 PM
i recently got some cams put in (today yay) and i HAVE the emanage which is going to be tuned on monday.

i have herd good and bad things about the emanage and i dont kno what to think. alot of places in perth dont even do them anymore because of there aparent crappyness and "loss of tune" but i dunno.

also they think i should get a atand alone ECU becuae (and i only just found this out) that the emanage does not change the rev limiter. now my cams peak at 7.5 or something and my fuel cut is at 6.8! dammit! i didnt research enough heh. i will be trying to use the emanage but i will be saving up to purchase a stand alone so i have more controlability with the fuel and idle and rev cut.

also on another thread i herd about new software? whats that all about, do the tuners use that or do i have to supply it for them?

cheers

teaseR
22-02-2007, 08:59 AM
sell me ur emanage cold fusion

my mate had a pulsa sss N15 and gain 12 kwatw after tuning

EuroAccord13
28-02-2007, 02:33 AM
The problem is that the E-Manage takes a fair bit of time to install considering the number of wires it has. Also because of this, I've seen quite a fair bit where the installer/tuners actually left wires uninstalled and only did the basic sets to save time.....

daniel b16a
03-03-2007, 03:21 PM
wat i herd is just that there are not many tuners for e-manage? is that true? i mean not many people capable of tuning it well....like back in malaysia or singapore tons of people use em.....cold fusion wat car do u drive? how much did u get emnage for? 100aud? i want!!

03-03-2007, 06:21 PM
he drove integra LS.

some say it takes too much time to install coz of wirings. but the good point that it have usb access.

HKS Fcon apparently offer the same thing like emanage

aimre
04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
he drove integra LS.

some say it takes too much time to install coz of wirings. but the good point that it have usb access.

BTW, its not just a USB port, u need their cable or a clone of the internet somewhere

TODA AU
04-03-2007, 08:05 PM
The easy way to be sure it's all wired in & the ability to use all the functions is to use a plu-in loom.
Otherwise, be sure to get the optional ignition & injection harnesses when you buy it.
Then be sure to specify to your installer you want everything connected.
FWIW, they're not a bad system.In fact I'd go so far as to say they are probaby the best piggy back interceptor system available on the market.
That said, they're not as good as a stand alone programable ECU.
In that respect, using Hondata makes good sense. Even when you're costing it dollar for dollar.

kid_dynamite
06-03-2007, 12:00 PM

...with a lot less tuners in Australia (2)

Only BD4s (NSW) and XSpeed (WA) are HKS Pro Dealers with access to the Power Writer software to tune HKS products. So unless you're located near, or prepared to ship your car to them it's not going to be an easy exercise to tune.

At least with the E-Manage if you also purchase the software anyone is able to tune it.

06-03-2007, 04:17 PM

At least with the E-Manage if you also purchase the software anyone is able to tune it.

thats why i choose emanage in my car ;) u can even tune ur self if u know how to do it :D

Cold Fusion
06-03-2007, 06:04 PM
*cough mines for sale PM me*

revNhevN
07-03-2007, 10:33 PM
you can tune a s300 urself too. Plus there isnt any wiring needed.