PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light - Whats Wrong

revNhevN
27-02-2006, 10:44 AM
I went to wakefield on the weekend. My engine light kept comming on after 2-3 laps. I stayed out a few times and kept it under 6000rpm other times i came in after 1-2 more laps. On some sessions the engine oil got to just over 125C.The engine is a B16a.

Does anyone have a list common problems that causes the engine light to come on?

I have done the ECU check in the past but nothing has come up. The engine light has come on 2-3 times when driving hard on the street.

Slow96GSR
27-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Check pressure, if that's low than the light will come on. Also ho to outside was it, track temp too? What weight oil?

revNhevN
27-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Was probaly 30C outside. Engine oil was Mobil 1 5W-50.

ProECU
27-02-2006, 11:30 AM
I have done the ECU check in the past but nothing has come up. The engine light has come on 2-3 times when driving hard on the street.

The ECU should be storing those codes, redo the ECU test and extract the relevant codes.

I would say oil pressure is the culprit, especially if you dont have a baffled sump.
The other likely factor is ECT (engine coolant temp).

Check your fluid levels, both radiator and oil, both before and after tracking and record any differences.

If you dont already have one, I'd consider a baffled pan!

revNhevN
27-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Fluid Levels were fine.
Just did the ECU code thing it came up with (assuming i read them right):

1 O2A - Oxygen sensor #1
3 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
21 VTEC spool solenoid valve
22 VTEC pressure valve

Does this combination of codes indicate something? or do u treat each code individually?

Weq
27-02-2006, 05:22 PM
It indicated u were loosing oil pressure and vtec wasnt being activated.

This is why u dont take street cars to the track IMO. alot wannabe's out there!

FkjAccord
27-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Dude.. it would be anything when the light is on..
best thing to do.. go to your honda dealer.. and get them to check out the fault codes..
and you will know the problem for sure

[ricer]
27-02-2006, 07:41 PM
It indicated u were loosing oil pressure and vtec wasnt being activated.

This is why u dont take street cars to the track IMO. alot wannabe's out there!

lol
thats bad...

ProECU
27-02-2006, 08:32 PM
you need to look into your MAP & O2 codes.

revNhevN
27-02-2006, 09:20 PM
you need to look into your MAP & O2 codes.
How do i do this ? Or will i have to take it to a mechanic?

Also i could not get a baffled sump when my Temp probe was installed, my sump does not have anywhere for the baffle to be welded to.

ProECU
27-02-2006, 09:22 PM
take it to honda.

ECU-MAN
27-02-2006, 09:50 PM
it would be a good idea to have your oil pressure looked at and see what it is.

Weq
27-02-2006, 09:56 PM
take it to honda.

honda are gonna say:

"where is the carby. breeze only came in carby, go away"

Do these engine lights usually come on?? even when u clear the codes? THe way to diagnose and fix everything is getting a workshop manual and use a muilti metre to measure the signals at each sensor (at sensor and ecu end)and make sure they are in specification. if they are no in specification, replace them. Pretty simple, huh!

If everything checks out, u have problems with the items of the engine the sensors monitor....