PDA

View Full Version : Civic 2L Sports 2006 - feedback & pricing

HondaMon
27-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi i'm considering buying a new car in the next few weeks.

Was wondering if i could get some feedback on the perfomance of the civic sports (auto :P).

Want to know from people who have actually purchased the vehicle and not related to honda (vested interests ;) I would like an honest opinion.

I'm thinking of either the
- 2L civic sports auto
- Subaru 2.0i luxury pack auto
- Mazda 3 sp23 auto

I'm a bit upset that there is no black leather, and you cant choose the color of the car and the interior.. but i guess thats how they put the price down.

The reason i'm leaning towards the honda is not only the paddles :P but also that there is a 5 speed auto. Can any one comment on the power of the low end. +ve of honda also is that there is alot of extras like mp3 stacker etc. Any bad points that buyers have seen?

The Subaru - is good, there is alot of special offers (ie 2k for leather, sunroof and stamp duty etc) that puts it up with the civic. Plus AWD is something i would like to try.. fuel efficiency is crap and accelleration is pretty poor. i think 0-100 in 13 sec. also only 4 speed auto

The Mazda - Nice looking car, handles and performs well with the 2.4 engine. Not bad fuel economy for size of motor. 4 speed auto, so not that zippy. Plus need to spend more money for options such as mp3, sunroof, cruise control. (which sorta puts it on the bottom of the 3)

Would love to hear some feedback from you all.. :) Also any prices and other vehicles they considered before making the purchase.

Ta
HondaMon

aaronng
27-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Remember to go test drive all 3 cars. Numbers may be one indication, but you'll never find out if you and the car match each other in comfort and directness. I call it being one with the car. Hehe.

If the Subie is not the 2.0R, then I'd skip it. The SOHC engine is lethargic. The new DOHC in the R is better.

I'd be choosing between the Civic Sport and the SP23. If the SP23 has the leather pack and Bose system, I'd go for that.

HondaMon
27-02-2006, 11:53 AM

Yeah looking to test drive all three this week.

Another thing is with the sp23 is that everyone has them :P Dont look as special as they use to hehe..

I'll test drive and update the post on what i rekon ;P i'm planning to head down to subaru today or tomorrow and will ask them about the pricing of the 2.0R. I think it is very similar to the civic sports.

stephen8512
27-02-2006, 12:07 PM
just a bit off topic here, the new civ sports has a K20A right? detuned?

MKI4EVA
27-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Picking up ours in a fortnight. Will definately let you know....I'm going to kain the living crap out of it.

HondaMon
27-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Sweet.. auto or manual?
Would you be able to give me a breakdown of costs?

VTi_b0i
27-02-2006, 01:54 PM
u do know how bad it is to kain a brand new car lol

aaronng
27-02-2006, 02:16 PM
I like to cane/kain/kane my brand new car. My Euro saw 7000rpm in the first day and I misshifted to 7000rpm as well. Hahahha.. look at my broken engine......

Just don't race or do jerky full throttle flat shifts. Giving it throttle to go up to redline and letting it come back down to normal speed is fine.

MKI4EVA
27-02-2006, 04:09 PM
u do know how bad it is to kain a brand new car lol

as long as it doesn't live around redline for any extended time it's fine.

Your actually meant to give it varying loads in the first xxxx amount of k's. I don't know what the x amount is.......hahhaha.

babying it doesn't necessarily imply correct running-in schedule.

What I think is important though is making sure the car is warmed up and cooled down accordingly.

in between it'll live each 1/4mile at a time.

Bring on the EK's that want to smash the new civic.

hey what the frick is the new code for the civic anyhow? old was EK i mean.

krogoth
27-02-2006, 06:26 PM
i know i cant realy give u much advice bout wat car to buy..... but i do own a new 05 civic, i know the 06 model and the 05 model are vastly different, but i still rekon its one hell of a ride, and it can go if i push it, fuel economyz great too(if driven in a normal fashion :P)

But y the auto man??? screw that, even if u dont know how to drive a maunal, go and learn and then go out and buy the manual 06 sport, LOL...

although, the one bad thing is it will be much more difficult to stay on the speed limit, (in ma opinion anyway), a manual pushes u to go faster, and faster... haha

aaronng
27-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Oh, and to add to what krogoth said, Wheels magazine (March) says that the manual VTi and VTi-L is as fast as an auto Sport. Hehe.

BLKek
27-02-2006, 07:21 PM
You drive the new engine normally, don't go easy on it, who ever said to take it easy should be shot. If something breaks it would have broken anyways, just taken longer.

GM of Ford says the best way to break a new engine in is to whack a tow bar on it and tow something for a few thou...

VW says drive it like you stole it.

Seriously, just get in and drive it like you'd drive any car, forget revs, forgt speed limiting it, just turn key and enjoy.

MKI4EVA
27-02-2006, 07:31 PM
You drive the new engine normally, don't go easy on it, who ever said to take it easy should be shot. If something breaks it would have broken anyways, just taken longer.

GM of Ford says the best way to break a new engine in is to whack a tow bar on it and tow something for a few thou...

VW says drive it like you stole it.

Seriously, just get in and drive it like you'd drive any car, forget revs, forgt speed limiting it, just turn key and enjoy.

wurd!............I did like the engine note of the K20 when I redlined it during test drive.............

oh just a note for anyone considering that light silver with dual interior 2L manual sport at parra church st...........I yanked that farker hard........sorry I had to find out what it could do........had 20km on the clock when i drove it last sat morning..........felt bad for doing it but it was the only sport manual there. Even had the glad wrap around the doors edges still.

I noticed that after 6,000rpm it went to 7,300 suprisingly quick.....hit the rev limiter a few times.

hondarox
27-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi i'm considering buying a new car in the next few weeks.

Was wondering if i could get some feedback on the perfomance of the civic sports (auto :P).

Want to know from people who have actually purchased the vehicle and not related to honda (vested interests ;) I would like an honest opinion.

I'm thinking of either the
- 2L civic sports auto
- Subaru 2.0i luxury pack auto
- Mazda 3 sp23 auto

I'm a bit upset that there is no black leather, and you cant choose the color of the car and the interior.. but i guess thats how they put the price down.

The reason i'm leaning towards the honda is not only the paddles :P but also that there is a 5 speed auto. Can any one comment on the power of the low end. +ve of honda also is that there is alot of extras like mp3 stacker etc. Any bad points that buyers have seen?

The Subaru - is good, there is alot of special offers (ie 2k for leather, sunroof and stamp duty etc) that puts it up with the civic. Plus AWD is something i would like to try.. fuel efficiency is crap and accelleration is pretty poor. i think 0-100 in 13 sec. also only 4 speed auto

The Mazda - Nice looking car, handles and performs well with the 2.4 engine. Not bad fuel economy for size of motor. 4 speed auto, so not that zippy. Plus need to spend more money for options such as mp3, sunroof, cruise control. (which sorta puts it on the bottom of the 3)

Would love to hear some feedback from you all.. :) Also any prices and other vehicles they considered before making the purchase.

Ta
HondaMon

Don't forget to test drive the Accord Euro Std also. Believe it or not it is the same price as the Civic Sport. You get a 2.4L DOHC, the life saving ESP and double wishbone suspensions on both rear and front.

dek
27-02-2006, 08:24 PM
The numbers and facts should only be a filter to make the decision on the final few cars you want to test drive

Test drive them all and you will definitely be able to decide after driving them

HondaMon
27-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Auto Qn. Well the civic 2006 auto compared to most cars in its class, has a 5 speed plus it has the paddles :P if you ask me 9 secs for 1-100 aint too bad for an auto..

I drive a manual and have done so for most my license. I've started to commuter alot of my job so its alot of stopping and starting etc.. so i figure the time is now for the auto :P plus when i want to change gears just pop it into paddle power mode :)

When i test drive the civic i will prob have a go of the accord asw well.. but the paddle power factor is what i'm talkin about ;P

i'll take it out for a test drive and put it to the real test (i'm hoping it will be responsive and have no lag factor. As a car probably wont mod it, maybe remove the sports badge (add the Vtec 2.0 one haha :). I think a spoiler on the civic dont look that good. The car is so heavy as it is.. sif it will slip off the road :)

aaronng
27-02-2006, 09:46 PM
wurd!............I did like the engine note of the K20 when I redlined it during test drive.............

oh just a note for anyone considering that light silver with dual interior 2L manual sport at parra church st...........I yanked that farker hard........sorry I had to find out what it could do........had 20km on the clock when i drove it last sat morning..........felt bad for doing it but it was the only sport manual there. Even had the glad wrap around the doors edges still.

I noticed that after 6,000rpm it went to 7,300 suprisingly quick.....hit the rev limiter a few times.
Haha, you sure did seal the piston rings pretty well on that engine. It will make the most power and not consume oil. But.... how long will it last? hehe.

krogoth
27-02-2006, 11:44 PM

__________________________________________________ ___________

LOL, im assumin there was a sales rep in the car with u, how the *** did he/she take it????

MKI4EVA
28-02-2006, 08:37 AM
__________________________________________________ ___________

LOL, im assumin there was a sales rep in the car with u, how the *** did he/she take it????

He was really kool with it. I only did it because I knew we were going to get it. I wasn't going to tyre kick the poor guy. Also did it because he was a 180cm 120kg looking sales guy.

MKI4EVA
02-03-2006, 08:16 AM
Anyone read the recent reviews of this car in the mags?

Seems to be favourable for a car thats heavier and slower.

What do you all think?

.::F[L]Y::.
02-03-2006, 08:41 AM
wouldnt u be able to get a different ecu to get it up to spec of a type R?

integraz
02-03-2006, 03:31 PM
nope its not that easy, because the engine in the new 06 civic is a totally different engine to the type r/s, and therefore its a tad harder to get power out of it.

But it is very similar to the BASE Integra engine.

However u could use a hondata which would see substainial gains in the manual civc sports. But im not sure if its out yet...
maybe 110kw atw with hondata kpro? So maybe you could hold off at STOCK type R, with a really crappy driver? LOL

matt
02-03-2006, 03:50 PM
there was a new civic sport in that purple colour driving next to me on the way to work today, i thought it lookd pretty funky on the road.

aaronng
02-03-2006, 03:57 PM
It's not a sports car, eventhough it has the word "Sports" in the name. I wouldn't expect Hondata to release anything for it.

IAM307
02-03-2006, 05:13 PM
I've just ordered the Civic Vti. Can't wait till I get it. That's just a family car this time. Hope they will bring it the Hatch version and I might get one for myself.

MKI4EVA
02-03-2006, 05:42 PM
It's not a sports car, eventhough it has the word "Sports" in the name. I wouldn't expect Hondata to release anything for it.

I know aye......talk about all the car makers these days putting the "sports" spin on their cars.

SHAME SHAME SHAME!
"And I'm Darren sport Hinch"

BLKCRX
03-03-2006, 05:26 PM

This is incorrect, development for the 2006 civic has already begun in both the USA and Australia, along with the new 2.2L s2000 !!!

These cars will be supported

Regards James

Alpine
04-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Well, I went to test drive the 2.0 Sport. I gotta be honest...I was a little disappointed. I found it gutless actually, despite the hype about the 2.0 capacity, iVTEC, 114kw, etc. The demo was an automatic, mind you, but even in sport mode and using the paddles, it still didn't really get up and go as much as I expected. I think my 1999 1.6 Civic Coupe feels as fast as this, and it certainly feels alot more responsive than the 2.0. This demo had 1100km on the clock so maybe it still has a little bit of loosening up to do, but if this is the way it drives I don't even want to imagine what the 1.8 litre models must feel like...

For the price of the 2.0 Sport, I'd rather get the Accord Euro Standard. But that's my opinion on the car. It'll still sell like hotcakes no matter what I think.

aaronng
04-03-2006, 07:06 PM
This is incorrect, development for the 2006 civic has already begun in both the USA and Australia, along with the new 2.2L s2000 !!!

These cars will be supported

Regards James
Serious???? Cool. I hope Hondata releases for the AUDM ECU.. But we'll have to see the ratio of enthusiasts to family shopper for the Civic. Hehe.

mrwillz
05-03-2006, 04:53 PM
i spotted the new gen civic b4 white one
no. palte was "CIVIC'

del501
05-03-2006, 05:07 PM
sup guys just raced the new civic 06 before in my delsol, i came out on top :p a car length or so by end of 3rd and we had to slow down. damn thought it would go abit more then that for A K20!! maybe the guy needs to run it in abit more hehehe, have fun to all 06 civic owners look nice!! but needs engine mod...

hondarox
05-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Well, I went to test drive the 2.0 Sport. I gotta be honest...I was a little disappointed. I found it gutless actually, despite the hype about the 2.0 capacity, iVTEC, 114kw, etc. The demo was an automatic, mind you, but even in sport mode and using the paddles, it still didn't really get up and go as much as I expected. I think my 1999 1.6 Civic Coupe feels as fast as this, and it certainly feels alot more responsive than the 2.0. This demo had 1100km on the clock so maybe it still has a little bit of loosening up to do, but if this is the way it drives I don't even want to imagine what the 1.8 litre models must feel like...

For the price of the 2.0 Sport, I'd rather get the Accord Euro Standard. But that's my opinion on the car. It'll still sell like hotcakes no matter what I think.

For a price less than the Sport, you could also get the Liberty 2.0R auto for $33,990 driveaway. Subaru's paying ORC (stamp duty, registration and CTP insurance) on this 2006 model at the moment.

MKI4EVA
05-03-2006, 07:35 PM
sup guys just raced the new civic 06 before in my delsol, i came out on top :p a car length or so by end of 3rd and we had to slow down. damn thought it would go abit more then that for A K20!! maybe the guy needs to run it in abit more hehehe, have fun to all 06 civic owners look nice!! but needs engine mod...

were you always in front?

curious if you could stay in front down low.

Silly question but it was manual right?.........and did you know the guy? :thumbsup:

del501
05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
nah didnt know him, i stopped at set of lights then he came next to me givin me a few revs, so yeh was infront the whole time by half car, then moderatley pullin away in 3rd then we slowed down, i thought i was gonna get beaten up rofl......

aaronng
05-03-2006, 10:49 PM
If he was an auto, then of course you would win. The auto sports is as fast as the manual VTi (from wheels review)

del501
05-03-2006, 10:54 PM
If he was an auto, then of course you would win. The auto sports is as fast as the manual VTi (from wheels review)

it was an manual 06 civic for sure !!!!!

MKI4EVA
06-03-2006, 11:28 AM
it was an manual 06 civic for sure !!!!!

I don't doubt that you beat it........their sheeet slow.

I was curious as to how the race unfolded down low because I know the delsol is gutless below 4,500rpm.

An if it was an auto you would have smashed it in 1st gear :D .

Qwooootz
06-03-2006, 11:33 AM
hrmm question is was yoru del sol stock?

wyl03
06-03-2006, 02:02 PM
anyone knows why the Aust-specced CIvic doesn't come with VSA (vehicle stability assist or ESP)?

the singapore-specced civic does ... see URL below
http://www.honda.com.sg/civic/safety.htm

i thought they all come from the same thai factory?

MiSloVic
06-03-2006, 02:51 PM
anyone knows why the Aust-specced CIvic doesn't come with VSA (vehicle stability assist or ESP)?

the singapore-specced civic does ... see URL below
http://www.honda.com.sg/civic/safety.htm

i thought they all come from the same thai factory?

nope.. singapore get their civic from japan.. at least, initially.. so, they are getting the VSA. there are rumours that singapore may bring in thai models later this year, when the thai production lines are up to speed.

even our dear friends over in NZ are getting VSA. we are definitely being short changed!

Fizz
06-03-2006, 04:33 PM
its a pity that the Sport model doest get HID lighting. they should at least offer it as an option.

del501
06-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I don't doubt that you beat it........their sheeet slow.

I was curious as to how the race unfolded down low because I know the delsol is gutless below 4,500rpm.

An if it was an auto you would have smashed it in 1st gear :D .

it was rollin of the mark, as soon i shifted to 2nd i jumped up half car length, into 3rd was pullin away to full car length :wave: didn"t get to shift 4th and had to slow down cause of traffic up ahead. i think its more of a family car then sports car, nice kit big wheels it'll look like a mini euro accord :thumbsup:

blk vti
06-03-2006, 07:50 PM
keep in mind that you where up against a new car. they are quite tight when new. i once had a 04 sti & got done by a gt (ford) then the day returned & i had sweet revenge :)

EuroDude
06-03-2006, 08:15 PM
I saw a Silver one today, the front and side looks nice and I was actually considering getting one, then it drove past and I saw the fugly kermit-the-frog rear lights... a cheap Korean styled car quickly came to mind, destroying any chance of me deciding to buy one.

What is it with Honda and real light styling lately? (refering to the current Accord V6)

MKI4EVA
07-03-2006, 08:24 AM
it was rollin of the mark, as soon i shifted to 2nd i jumped up half car length, into 3rd was pullin away to full car length :wave: didn"t get to shift 4th and had to slow down cause of traffic up ahead. i think its more of a family car then sports car, nice kit big wheels it'll look like a mini euro accord :thumbsup:

kit and big wheels?.......description doesn't suite the new civic.

Anyhow....i know for a fact the crx would rip the civic a new a-hole anyhow haven driven both at length.

MKI4EVA
07-03-2006, 08:32 AM
its a pity that the Sport model doest get HID lighting. they should at least offer it as an option.

Yeh that was a big let down specially with alot of cars on the market having that as an option these days.

PaZzMaN-R
07-03-2006, 05:28 PM
MKI4EVA how do you know for fact that the civic would get raped by a crx? i dont think you correct especialy if they both manuel. please back up your statement with relevant evidence:)
btw not a flame just curious as i have driven the civic sport in all forms and have a non stock ek4

del501
07-03-2006, 05:46 PM
MKI4EVA how do you know for fact that the civic would get raped by a crx? i dont think you correct especialy if they both manuel. please back up your statement with relevant evidence:)
btw not a flame just curious as i have driven the civic sport in all forms and have a non stock ek4

new civic weighs 1260kg with a SOHC i-vtec 114kw, it wont be able to out rev a b16a ....... :wave:

blk vti
07-03-2006, 08:22 PM
maybe he or she just could not drive :eek:

HILLuZ
07-03-2006, 08:56 PM
new civic weighs 1260kg with a SOHC i-vtec 114kw, it wont be able to out rev a b16a ....... :wave:

its DOHC :)

del501
07-03-2006, 09:09 PM
its DOHC :)

Check again my friend :)

http://www.honda.com.au/lwp/wcm/connect/Honda.com.au/Home/Showroom/Civic/Specifications/

HILLuZ
07-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Check again my friend :)

http://www.honda.com.au/lwp/wcm/connect/Honda.com.au/Home/Showroom/Civic/Specifications/

dude, i have a black sport sitting in my garage with a big bold font "DOHC" written on the engine http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Eryanwh@iinet.net.au/civic/engine.jpg

don't believe everything you read :)

del501
07-03-2006, 09:37 PM
my mistake dude!!! was thinkin for a sec this morning why the fu*k would they make it sohc, nice engine looking engine, brand new shmick, bet you can even smell the newness in the engine bay LOL :P kool u in the coast im in brisbane, should meet up sumtime give u a run :thumbsup:

HILLuZ
07-03-2006, 09:41 PM
lol no worries mate, i have no idea what honda is doing with that site...some wrong info there!

yeah picked her up last thursday, really happy - just been following some of the threads on here and noticing some interesting, if not wrong information flying around. anyway, cheers, will have to meet up sometime....but not getting a run until after the 1,000 k service :P

del501
07-03-2006, 09:46 PM
For sure dude :thumbsup: nah you should run it in abit more, then we'll have a run sumtime :D have fun with it dude!!!!

hondarox
08-03-2006, 06:46 PM
dude, i have a black sport sitting in my garage with a big bold font "DOHC" written on the engine http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Eryanwh@iinet.net.au/civic/engine.jpg

I loved the way the engine is laid out.
The only thing I didn't like when I opened the bonnet was the stupid rod to hold it up. Whatever happened to gas struts! But again, I couldn't remember whether my '96 Civic VTi had that rod also.

MKI4EVA
08-03-2006, 07:22 PM

My gf has a 93 model del sol ......i ring it around red line 80% of the time im in it which is 30% of the cars usage........hehhehe.......

I test drove the new civic that she bought for around 20 mins ringing that as well..........

I'm pretty sure the del sol would rape it ..........

will confirm for you though next thurs when we pick up her new black 2L sport. I'll get a friend to drive the new civic while i drive the crx. :thumbsup:

MKI4EVA
08-03-2006, 07:26 PM

Black rocks..........nice one.

HILLuZ
08-03-2006, 07:56 PM
http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Eryanwh@iinet.net.au/civic/Outside/front1nice.jpg

and its note even clean! :)

Jr
08-03-2006, 08:18 PM
I just ordered my Sport (White) ;) First one in WA in white

MKI4EVA
08-03-2006, 10:40 PM
http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Eryanwh@iinet.net.au/civic/Outside/front1nice.jpg

and its note even clean! :)

I didn't realise the mags looked like that...........looks pretty kool..........similar to M6 rims.......don't laugh........hahhaha.

more pics please.....don't hold back.

wonder if whiteline are going to come'n out with a sway bar for this farker....

are you one of those ppl that drive around with all your lights on in broad day light because it's a new car?........heheheh jk.....:D :thumbsup:

HILLuZ
11-03-2006, 06:13 PM
haha, i sometimes turn the lights on during the day :P. just incase it suddenly gets dark!! lol ;)

http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Eryanwh@iinet.net.au/civic/Outside/rear2.jpg

HILLuZ
11-03-2006, 06:13 PM
btw, had a chance to take it for a good 200k drive through the hills today. very impressed with the accuracy of the steering and the tracktion. i'm coming from a 95 VTi-R prelude too with 4ws and I'm very impressed :)

EK9_boi
11-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm new here (well at least in terms of posting anyway! :p). I'm seriously thinking about getting the 06 sports - I'm in the process of deciding which color though...

Unfortunately the little flash multimedia one on the civic page doesn't cut it...and also I've been to a few showrooms but none of them have a white one for me to look at in the metal - does anyone own or have a photo that they can post here to help me decide between a black or white one? (gf hates black cars - reminds her of funerals... - I think it's cool tho!!! ;)). Thanks!

cheers.

PaZzMaN-R
11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
hey mate,
if you in syd come to scotts honda in artarmon we have a white one (vti) with a body kit and the optional wheels. IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!! and il also include a good deal;) come in and say hi il sort you out mate.

EK9_boi
11-03-2006, 07:42 PM
hey mate,
if you in syd come to scotts honda in artarmon we have a white one (vti) with a body kit and the optional wheels. IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!! and il also include a good deal;) come in and say hi il sort you out mate.

Thanks 4 your quick reply, unfortunately I'm in Melb...Also want to ask what's the possibility to upsize the wheels to 17's? 17's a good size as most of the good rubber tend to be either 15's or 17"+, this saves me getting new 17's aftermarket and raise the suspicion that the civic is arrr..used for more than just "a family car"... :angel: thanks.

cheers

PaZzMaN-R
11-03-2006, 07:45 PM
i have no idea atm about aftermarket rims and i dont know the stud pattern on the new wheels. they sports has 16" wheels so you best to find out the stud pattern and then start shopping and looking. if you find out the stud pattern please list it for us all thanks mate. sorry i cant help out more.

MKI4EVA
11-03-2006, 10:56 PM
hey mate,

can you post up a pic of the white one you mentioned? We would have bought white if it was the cw white. That would have been off the hook

EK9_boi
11-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey guys,

check this http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVIC/SP/3d/view.html
cool ain't it? :cool:

cheers

HILLuZ
12-03-2006, 12:15 AM
not sure if i posted this one or not (its gettin late hehe). anyway, sorry teh steering wheel isn't straight! :P

http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Eryanwh@iinet.net.au/civic/Outside/dashfromrearseats.jpg

PaZzMaN-R
12-03-2006, 08:09 AM
can you post up a pic of the white one you mentioned? We would have bought white if it was the cw white. That would have been off the hook

yep i will post it but not today or monday as todays going to be to bussy to take fotos and monday im off so on tues il take some happy snaps. has anyone here looked at the purple colour yet??? its very very nice

BiLL|z0r
12-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Nice interior pic there. So wish it was out when I bought my Euro.

MKI4EVA
12-03-2006, 10:43 AM
yep i will post it but not today or monday as todays going to be to bussy to take fotos and monday im off so on tues il take some happy snaps. has anyone here looked at the purple colour yet??? its very very nice

Hey do you have any ideas why they didn't come in black leather? is it because it would have put too much of a strain on the leather supplier in that clour or something? :D

The grey leather kills me.

HILLuZ
12-03-2006, 10:52 AM
really? i quite like the grey!

different strokes for different folks i guess :)

MKI4EVA
12-03-2006, 10:56 AM
hey man, thanks for the pics btw...........hahhaha my gf gorking at them till she picks hers up on friday.

yeh im more of a beige or black leather person.

miss_vtec
12-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Auto Qn. Well the civic 2006 auto compared to most cars in its class, has a 5 speed plus it has the paddles :P if you ask me 9 secs for 1-100 aint too bad for an auto..

I drive a manual and have done so for most my license. I've started to commuter alot of my job so its alot of stopping and starting etc.. so i figure the time is now for the auto :P plus when i want to change gears just pop it into paddle power mode :)

When i test drive the civic i will prob have a go of the accord asw well.. but the paddle power factor is what i'm talkin about ;P

i'll take it out for a test drive and put it to the real test (i'm hoping it will be responsive and have no lag factor. As a car probably wont mod it, maybe remove the sports badge (add the Vtec 2.0 one haha :). I think a spoiler on the civic dont look that good. The car is so heavy as it is.. sif it will slip off the road :)

You seem pretty keen on the paddle shifters :) Just try driving one first, and make it a decent test-drive too! My previous car (Honda Jazz) had the paddle shifters... when I test drove it I loved them, they were so fun. Bought the car, got it home, barely ever used the paddles again. They are very gimmicky and don't really "do" much. Who knows though, the Civic might be different...

EK9_boi
12-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong (go the school of hard knocks! :p) but I think the CVT on the Jazz just modulates the revs electronincally as oppose to an actual gear shift like that of a DSG sytem in the VW camp...(eg Golf GTi/R32)

The Civic 06 is different in that the paddle shift actualizes a "real" gear change - now HOW this happens is still a mystery to me as I'm not aware of a double clutch system being present on Honda's as such (might just be my ignorance!)...May be some mechie or resident Honda tech staff here can clear this one up??? - I'd sure like to know! :D

cheers

PS. - with regards to my earlier discussion on color choice for the Civic Sport, can we get it in Neutron Blue (a Civic Hybrid color...) just wondering if it's a Hybrid exclusive? does anyone here know? thanks

MKI4EVA
12-03-2006, 04:36 PM
so is it the same system as in the euro? If it is, down shifting is shocking and dangerous if your kaining it..........OP tested with the euro.

hmmm wouldn't mind test driving the DSG now that you mention it.

EK9_boi
12-03-2006, 04:59 PM
so is it the same system as in the euro? If it is, down shifting is shocking and dangerous if your kaining it..........OP tested with the euro.

hmmm wouldn't mind test driving the DSG now that you mention it.

Not sure re: Euro, haven't investigated that far as yet...

as for down shifting whilst "kaining", it's useful when cornering to downshift to allow faster acceleration through the corner's exit - auto's do this too. Although with auto, the transmission short-shifts so you won't get the same effect - Paddle shift may "rescue" you from this though... I wonder if the paddles give a sort of "heel-toe" effect to maintain the revs as well?

I still need to get around to "test" driving it! :p

DSG is awesome - makes AT faster than MT in Golf R32! Good solution for those with partners that refuse to learn to drive "stick"! ;)

cheers

MKI4EVA
12-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Not sure re: Euro, haven't investigated that far as yet...

as for down shifting whilst "kaining", it's useful when cornering to downshift to allow faster acceleration through the corner's exit - auto's do this too. Although with auto, the transmission short-shifts so you won't get the same effect - Paddle shift may "rescue" you from this though... I wonder if the paddles give a sort of "heel-toe" effect to maintain the revs as well?

I still need to get around to "test" driving it! :p

DSG is awesome - makes AT faster than MT in Golf R32! Good solution for those with partners that refuse to learn to drive "stick"! ;)

cheers

with Euro, if shifting to the lower gear means it's anywhere above redline the system won't allow you to do it. So you end up come'n into the corner too hot and it's gets abit hairy....it's only a slight delay but going 100km/hr+ it makes a huge difference........

I'm curious now that you've raised this point regarding what system the civic runs. But to be honest I doubt it'll be a better system than the euro for the mean time.

Yeh it's a shame the R32 golfs are slow in comparison to the MKV gti's.......have some friends who have ran and the R32 is left behind be some distance.

aaronng
12-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong (go the school of hard knocks! :p) but I think the CVT on the Jazz just modulates the revs electronincally as oppose to an actual gear shift like that of a DSG sytem in the VW camp...(eg Golf GTi/R32)

The Civic 06 is different in that the paddle shift actualizes a "real" gear change - now HOW this happens is still a mystery to me as I'm not aware of a double clutch system being present on Honda's as such (might just be my ignorance!)...May be some mechie or resident Honda tech staff here can clear this one up??? - I'd sure like to know! :D

Jazz is a CVT. It has an inifinitely variable gear ratio and the paddles just pick out 7 predefined ratio settings. The Civic's is an auto transmission, with fixed ratios and a torque convertor. The Civic's auto transmission is similar to the Euro, while the CVT is a different type of transmission all together.

And DSG is better than CVT in that it can act like an auto but without power loss. It is basically a manual box with 2 computer-controlled clutches.

Alpine
12-03-2006, 10:48 PM
has anyone here looked at the purple colour yet??? its very very nice

You mean this purple color? Not my cup of tea, personally...

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7279/10587100mg8cd.jpg

However, the Civic with the bodykit looks pretty darn good! Especially in silver.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2655/wp112409pk.jpg

EK9_boi
12-03-2006, 11:09 PM
However, the Civic with the bodykit looks pretty darn good! Especially in silver.

This owns all:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/wp01_1024.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/wp02_1024.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/wp03_1024.jpg

cheers

BTW, can somebody from HONDA please tell me whether the Civic Sport is available in Neutron Metallic blue (listed as Civic Hybrid color)? I'm sure that acquiring a shell to assemble to the rest of the car shouldn't be impossible!!!?

aaronng
13-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Want to know something funny? This Civic is being sold as the Acura CSX in Canada!!!!!!!!

EK9_boi
13-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Want to know something funny? This Civic is being sold as the Acura CSX in Canada!!!!!!!!

CSX = Commit Suicide "X" [please insert driver's name @ X] ;) j/k