PDA

View Full Version : Salespeople

scarf
27-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi guys,

Just ran into this site when I was researching online for a new car. Wanted to say this site has some good info, and has been quite helpful in determining a new car. In fact, my heart is sorta set on a Jazz. :D

I'm just wondering, I'm looking at buying a new Jazz from a dealership sometime in the VERY IMMEDIATE future (uni's started, and I NEED a car to get to uni as it's very inconvenient via public transport). So just wondering, does any1 know any Honda salespeople they would recommend, or are there any Honda salespeople out there on this forum (PM me if you feel more comfortable)?

FYI, just looking at getting a VTi Jazz. No real major add's.

After ringing like 2-3 sales people, I'm starting to feel Honda seems to have a very standardised sales training program :p Saying we don't negotiate over the phone and trying to force you into the store. ie "foot in the door phenomenon"

I usually wouldn't mind car searching, but now due to uni and work, I don't have the time to be visiting places, nor the time as I need this ASAP. I pretty much want to settle everything over the phone or net, and exchange in person.

So yea, thx for any1 that can help refer me to some1, and thx for this site. Most useful!!

Judge
27-02-2006, 12:30 PM
where do you live?

scarf
27-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Sorry, how forgetful of me.

Sydney, around Hurstville.

Jazzle
27-02-2006, 02:07 PM
collins honda.. herald or mario

aaronng
27-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Always remember, you can walk into the dealership, and you can also walk out of the dealership. Don't let them pressure you.

I start at a price $1000 below RRP. Say the Jazz is $17000 RRP, I ask for a test drive, and say I like it. If the price is right, I'll put a get one today. Then I tell them I want $16000 RRP drive away. Of course they'll disagree and list down all the prices. Ask for mats, boot protector, mudflaps (if you want), and what other extras. Then say, you want all that for $16000 drive away! They will counter offer and you conter back, giving 16500. Eventually settle for $17000, and they will be happy because they feel they have just sucked $1000 from you.

If they don't give you $17000, tell them you'll shop around more.

I bought at Rick Damelien. I got my 2004 Euro with floor mats and mud flaps for $34000 drive away. Yes... RRP was $34250 then.

And, don't get the paint protection. Go to a detailer to get it applied. Same thing as the dealer sends the car to the detailer to apply.

08ESE
27-02-2006, 03:04 PM
dont get paint protect FULL STOP. if it were the goods, painters would put it on their own cars wouldnt they...... i know several and they hate the shit. My mate got it on an n14 pulsar 10 years ago. he hated it, couldnt even polish the car once it needed it!

vividjazz
27-02-2006, 06:50 PM
If you don't want to do the leg work or hate dealing with car dealers (who doesn't) just use a broker service. Unless your really good at negotiations you won't do better than what they can broker for you.

Some sites
www.carbroker.com.au
www.visioncars.com.au

Now is a good time to buy as prices have come down about $2,000 on the Japanese made Jazz in prep for the cheaper sourced Thai Jazz coming in the next few months.

scarf
27-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks for all the helpful replies guys. I'm keeping them all in mind.

Yea I really dislike the pressure they put on people. My solution is the same, just walk away. It's YOUR money, why should they make the rules? YOU are the consumer.

And that broker idea sounds interesting. I might opt to go for that. Have you used them b4 yourself?

civiceg9
28-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Shop around first befor you lay down your money

D4rk4n63l
13-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Has anyone used carbroker.com.au before? if so, any feedback?

noodleman27
13-12-2007, 11:27 AM
2 yr old thread....NiCE!!!!!