PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Horrific noise!

boleh
27-02-2006, 12:46 PM
it was last saturday morning when i was to drive the Euro for 1st 1000km service and something happened.. what a nice? co-incidence..

started the car, reversed out, braked, stop, put into D and started to move forward -- at that instance, there was a loud metallic knocking/scratching noise coming from the front. scared the hell outta me. stopped immediately and went down to inspect. nothing.

anyway, the sound was gone after abt 2mins.. i told the service guy abt it and after the service was done, the sheet says "removed and checked wheels/brakes, found everything within spec"..

any1 experienced this b4?

aaronng
27-02-2006, 12:59 PM
It's the brakes slightly slipping. Hmm, it sounds like 2 ships rubbing against each other yeah? It's normal. It'll happen because you released the brake pedal slightly before going for the accelerator, so the car slid backwards a bit and you got that braking sound.

boleh
27-02-2006, 01:02 PM
It's the brakes slightly slipping. Hmm, it sounds like 2 ships rubbing against each other yeah? It's normal. It'll happen because you released the brake pedal slightly before going for the accelerator, so the car slid backwards a bit and you got that braking sound.
Aaron Ng,

Thanks.. u got this b4?

Ferrarista
27-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Ive had that in mine, only when reversing and turning at the same time.

Some plate was loose.

aaronng
27-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Aaron Ng,

Thanks.. u got this b4?
Mine happens when I am on a slope with my car facing up. Try with your car on flat ground. See if it makes the same sound. If it does, then go and check at the dealer. If there is no sound, then it is the brakes.