PDA

View Full Version : DIY : Jazz lower brake light installation

claymore
28-02-2006, 01:35 AM

hotboxcivic
16-03-2006, 05:43 PM
good stuff! brake lights makes it look more complete.

TeMp
16-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Could you by any chance give a before and after picture?

NightRyder
16-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey Claymore, that is a brilliant DIY guide. I was going to post up a guide on how to "DIY EK lower tail lights", like the standard EK9's which are lit at the bottom as well. But pretty much you've just explained the general idea on how to do it as this is similar to the way i did mine . Only difference is the tail light of course and having to choose to set it up either; 1. Lit only on brake, or 2. have it dimmed on when park lights are on.

Anyhow, great write up and hopefully those who read this can understand how it is cool to 'complete' the tail lights as it should be, JDm style!

STTICH
16-03-2006, 08:50 PM
yea great DIY review once again claymore :thumbsup:

it looks much better. i reckon jazz and EK tailights really need the lower lights :)

NightRyder
18-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I think cause of our rules and regulations, strict standards by our flaming government.

Anyway, here is what my tail lights look like after the DIY. My lights are set so that when you brake, both top and bottom light up.
NOTE: Please excuse the quality of picture as it was taken on my camera phone. :)
http://i1.tinypic.com/rmiiqa.jpg

I just don't understand Honda, everything is there but a foot of wire,two sockets and two bulbs but I guess they save $2 a car and that goes towards PROFIT.

vividjazz
19-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Great write up which is also of enormous assistance if people are changing their whole tailight assembly.

The bottom section of the tail lights is used by Honda for rear fog lights which are required in some markets like the UK.

I think it makes it safer with the dual rear tail/brake lights. Also provides redundency for a blown tailight like is standard on most motorcycles. Though of course bulbs should always be replaced as soon as possible after they blow.

Depending on how your wire the lights you can have them just as running lights, just as extra brake lights or as both as you've done.

I notice the Thai Jazz doesn't seem to have a high mount rear stop light as required on all vehicles in Australia. These assisted in reducing rear end collisions following their introduction.

vividjazz
20-03-2006, 04:50 PM
The Hyundai Excel used to have that single red fog light at the rear that heaps of people used to drive around with it switched on not knowing what it was.

I suppose in the British pea soup fog on the motorways rear fogs are necessary to try and reduce the rear enders.

loweric
12-04-2006, 08:06 PM
I think the lower section is for fog light. My Fit/Jazz has one rear fog light in the left side.

EK4R
20-09-2006, 03:39 AM
hey claymore, awesome write up, im gona do that to my ek4.

does anyone know what each wire in the EK4 taillight is (parker, brake, ground) or is it the same as jazz, and also what if i accidently connect the wrong wire from the new socket to the old, would that blow my bulb or even worse my whole circuit?