PDA

View Full Version : jazz vtec?

fly_vti
28-02-2006, 10:57 AM
hi this a a NOOB question, but i dont know shit abot jazz's

what engines are they and what litres do they come in? are the vtec?

aaronng
28-02-2006, 11:08 AM
http://asia.vtec.net/Series/FitJazz/lseries/index.html

sassy_fit_vtit
28-02-2006, 09:24 PM
YESH THEY ARE VTEC!!!!

GLI is 1.3L... need to fork out money for lil extras.. go for a VTI
VTI (Vtec) 1.5L
VTIS (vtec) 1.5 same as a vti but with factory bodykit/lipkit depending on what year.
pretty sure that vti/s 01-04 are gd3

magii
28-02-2006, 10:17 PM
only sohc vtec so dont get too excited :P

Poeter
28-02-2006, 10:23 PM
isn't jazz's vtec only the engagement of 16valve over 12valve operation?

So it's not really vtec after all?? :s

sassy_fit_vtit
28-02-2006, 10:52 PM
what does the amount of valves have to do with vtec? (seriouslyal im asking)

my understanding of vtec is that it is a higher throw of the piston so ur pumping more fuel in and in turn boosting the power

Judge
28-02-2006, 10:59 PM
YESH THEY ARE VTEC!!!!

GLI is 1.3L... need to fork out money for lil extras.. go for a VTI
VTI (Vtec) 1.5L
VTIS (vtec) 1.5 same as a vti but with factory bodykit/lipkit depending on what year.
pretty sure that vti/s 01-04 are gd3

whats gd3????

magii
28-02-2006, 11:22 PM
gd3 is the 1.5L vtec
gd1 is the 1.3L i-dsi
and when vtec is engaged it is actually letting more air in rather then fuel.
during high engine rpm's the vavles opening times are much shorter then that of low rpm, thus not letting as much air in. What vtec does is extend the opening time of the vavles, thus letting more air in which in turn gives more power.
As for the jazz's, under normal driving only 1 intake valve is opened. When vtec is engaged both intake vavles are opened letting more air in.

read the link aaronng posted, you will understand more :)

sassy_fit_vtit
01-03-2006, 06:26 PM
i read it but bits and pieces are coming to me lol

integraz
02-03-2006, 03:54 PM
sassy fit vtit: its got nothing to do with the higher throw of a pistons, got nothing ot do with the pistons apart from the combustion process.

To make it easier:
Under 4000rpm[argument sake] it uses its normal process, valves open and close at a short distant because of the small cams, but after 4000rpm[vtec yo] the cams change to the big one and therefore it opens at a longer distant, thus more air going through and exhaust going out. low cams for low end power, hi cams for high end power. put them together, variable valve timing aka VTEC, power spread everywhere= good for daily use and track use.

chunky
02-03-2006, 03:56 PM
sohc suks ass

sassy_fit_vtit
02-03-2006, 04:16 PM
hahaha NO... bun be dissing sohc unles u got something to prove

magii
02-03-2006, 04:22 PM
sassy fit vtit: its got nothing to do with the higher throw of a pistons, got nothing ot do with the pistons apart from the combustion process.

To make it easier:
Under 4000rpm[argument sake] it uses its normal process, valves open and close at a short distant because of the small cams, but after 4000rpm[vtec yo] the cams change to the big one and therefore it opens at a longer distant, thus more air going through and exhaust going out. low cams for low end power, hi cams for high end power. put them together, variable valve timing aka VTEC, power spread everywhere= good for daily use and track use.
that sounds like dohc vtec
sohc just opens another intake vavle during vtec :D

sassy_fit_vtit
02-03-2006, 04:43 PM
thanks for that magii.. i got it half right lol

racinghonda
02-03-2006, 05:11 PM
isn't jazz's vtec only the engagement of 16valve over 12valve operation?

So it's not really vtec after all?? :s

Bang on mate, quoted from the Honda Australia site. I guess technically it is Vtec because one of the intake valves are only open a smiggen under the cross over point then open fully after that.

Powertrain: VTEC details
The 1.5-litre VTEC engine employs a compact designed VTEC system. The rocker arms are made of aluminium and each is fitted with the needle roller bearing to reduce friction.

The VTEC pistons are incorporated into the roller shaft, enabling the rocker arms to be light and compact.

Between 2,300 to 3,600 rpm, VTEC piston engages the two intake rocker arms together. The engagement speed is variable, depending on the input sensor signals from the VTEC management system.

More information on the Honda Jazz/FIT L15A engine here http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/JazzVtec/index.html

Q_ball
02-03-2006, 05:44 PM
im serious...im really into jazzs
contemplating getting one after my 3yrs :)

magii
02-03-2006, 06:42 PM
im serious...im really into jazzs
contemplating getting one after my 3yrs :)
yea its a fun little car to play around with, i love parking with it, its so easy! :D
and you would be suprised it is quite zippy for a 1.5L even if it is considered a "chicks car" ;)

etclam
22-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Guys,

Just recently bought a Jazz and was interested in the technology behind the VTEC and came across the url below:

http://www.billzilla.org/vvtvtec.htm

Interesting info on SOHC and DOHC vtec.

Cheers
Ed