PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off on brakes

BiGANG
28-02-2006, 10:59 AM
hey guys,

was reading up and found the JDM DC2R has 15" front and 12" rear brakes as standard on the 98 spec, when the AUDM gets 11.5" and 10" respectively. Im just curious to know. Im guessing the calipers would be the same but a spacer and a different rotor is used(obviously) anyway. How hard would it be to find the spacers and the actual offset of the genuine disc coz i cant find it anywhere unless i wanna pay big money for the spoon kit (which i dont have the $$$ for) I thnk this would be an awesome upgrade to the standard ITR brakes as well as the braided lines, would have a stopping monster.

matt
28-02-2006, 11:25 AM
part of the reason would be cos of the smaller wheels on the AUDM 15" instead of 16". i wouldnt think it would be that hard to to find a jdm brake kit perhaps pm one of the traders here that deals with 2nd hand stuff from japan

BiGANG
28-02-2006, 01:26 PM
i think the audm is still has the 96 spec brakes. I agree, i think it wouldnt be too hard to find from a import wrecker or a trader of some sort. Im thinking it might be a worthwhile investment instead of going to get brembo or spoon upgrades (although i would love one) for thousands of dollars. I might look into it some more. Anyone with more info please post up. Also i wouldnt mind knowing if the calipers are the same size or if my guess is wrong?