PDA

View Full Version : PSP in car

A-man
28-02-2006, 11:04 AM
i got a psp the other day and there pretty sick and i found out u can hook them up to the car so ive bought a FM transmitter and a car stand for it and now run it through my car stereo there is a little bit of static but ill work out how to get rid of that in good time but its great...

also if u have a AUX in on the back of the deck its even better because u can just connect it up to the headphone jack and the sound is perfect....

J-MuN
28-02-2006, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't use the FM transmitter. The sound quality is crap and useless. As you said, the AUX is the better choice.

notorious
28-02-2006, 09:53 PM
any pics of the psp in the car? where is the stand mounted? cheers

A-man
01-03-2006, 12:56 AM
yeh man ill take some tmrw u cant see it that well from outside the car which is great to hide fom the fuzz

scott1e
01-03-2006, 07:33 AM
A-Man I too have a PSP and am interested in hooking it up to my car..

I have an AUX Out so that isnt a problem but Id like to know where to buy a car stand and where abouts I can mount it if possible..

Pics would be great :D

Cheers

tRipitaka
01-03-2006, 07:49 AM
I have an AUX Out so that isnt a problem but Id like to know where to buy a car stand and where abouts I can mount it if possible..

u need an AUX IN rather than OUT

A-man
01-03-2006, 12:15 PM
yeh i got mine through work (i work at civic video) and i got it at cost price for 20 bucks a brand called powerwave sell them.. rrp on them is $39.95 i think i also seen them around in gaming shops

and if u have aux in (i think u mite b able to use aux out but im sorta doubtful now...) all u need is a headphone jack and u plug one into the headphone port on the psp and one on the aux on the deck its a simple as that.

it is illigal to watch umds and dvds etc whilst driving but in my eyes its only illigal if u get caught.

the car stand which u will see when i take some photos later today can just b put onto the windscreen and has a adjustable neck for where ever u which to put it. the end is a suction cup and the bit that holds the psp in place is really strong and u wont have to worry bout it falling out...

where abouts are you located coz if u want i can order one in for u

quincythequill
01-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Most good brand head units that have stacker con trol can have their stacker port converted to an audio auxillary in eg jvc. Some JVC models have a front aux in and cost less than 300

scott1e
01-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Pardon me I wasnt exactly sure what the difference between in and out is..

At the moment I have a cord leading from behind my Headunit and it can be pluged into my Ipod and the likes so im sure it will be just fine..

I live in Putney/Ryde area if you wanted to order me one in but Id like to have a look first through pictures if possible.. This would mainly be for the entertainment of my friends when we go on long drives and whatnot (which we often do...)

Cheers

Eclipsor
01-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Aux In is for the sound signal to go into the headunit. Aux out is for the signal to go out...amazingly enough.

So if you have your ipod hooked up to play the music from it through your speakers the signal is going out of the ipod and into the headunit.

ps. How the hell do you watch a movie while driving? Please dont' drive near me.

scott1e
01-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Is the car stand that you own called 'Powerwave Car Stand' by any chance mate?

mrwillz
01-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Most good brand head units that have stacker con trol can have their stacker port converted to an audio auxillary in eg jvc. Some JVC models have a front aux in and cost less than 300

yes
like the jvc kd-g615 , i haf this model, n i haf found no use for this AUX input
they r good bang for buck head unit
got myn for 200 last yr in aug. from jb hi five

A-man
01-03-2006, 05:13 PM
yeh its a powerwave car stand....

im multi talented i use it for long drives and freeway driving its also got spoof value and passengers like watchin it aswell

if ur ipod works through it then ur psp will just hook it up the same

the cd stacker to aux in port thing u can buy is expensive and i dont kno where i can buy one yet... but im still looking... from wot ive been told l8ly is pioneer arnt as good as they used to b my next deck will b a alpine one anyways coz i think they look alot nicer then pioneer ones but thats not to say im not happy with my current deck

aStRooo
03-03-2006, 10:38 AM
i did this with my psp a while back (headphone jack styles), Pioneer AUX in sucks ass. the volume is limited to how much the PSP can pump out, which is not very much =(

mrwillz
03-03-2006, 11:49 AM
well then thats pointless of a psp in the car

aimre
03-03-2006, 10:43 PM
U know PSP will soo be gps enabled. A small cube like thing attached to the top with maps loaded on UMD. should b out this yr

mrwillz
04-03-2006, 10:24 AM
^ that sounds amzing