PDA

View Full Version : VTI-R engine OIL change?????

mrs_vtec
28-02-2006, 04:47 PM
hey guys, im new to this car industry and i dont wanna ask my BF cause he'll laugh and give me sh*t, just wannA know guys, a mechanic said to me to find out wat engine oil the previous owner has been using, i called the guy up and he doesnt know :( im due for an oil change and stuff, so is it possible to use different oil like HONDA performace oil, cause the mechanic was being an a**hole to me sayin my car will be screwed if i use differ oil to wat it has been runnin :confused: need help guys, oh yeh my car has done 160,000km,

fly_vti
28-02-2006, 04:54 PM
hey guys, im new to this car industry and i dont wanna ask my BF cause he'll laugh and give me sh*t, just wannA know guys, a mechanic said to me to find out wat engine oil the previous owner has been using, i called the guy up and he doesnt know :( im due for an oil change and stuff, so is it possible to use different oil like HONDA performace oil, cause the mechanic was being an a**hole to me sayin my car will be screwed if i use differ oil to wat it has been runnin :confused: need help guys, oh yeh my car has done 160,000km,

if your mechanic said that then i suggest you find a new mechanic. this is not true. he might be taking advantage caz your a girl.

you can use the 'genuine honda oil' for your car as its designed for our engines, my car has had 4 different oils in its history and it works fine! im sure many people can support me.
take it to a honda dealer if your really desperate, they know what there doing. and they got all the oils you need.

i suggest you change your gearbox oil too if it hasnt been changed yet.

if you dont use the genuine honda oil, make sure you get the appropriate oil for you engine, if its too thick or thin it can cause damage and make different effects on peformance. if you go places like supercheap auto or autobahn, they usually have a list of what oil your car should use. :) hope i help.

aaronng
28-02-2006, 06:55 PM
And Honda oil is a 10w-30 oil and is called FEO or "Fuel Efficient Oil". It's about $27 for a 5L bottle from the dealer.

Stay close to the 10w-30 number. You can use 0w-30, 5w-30, 0w-40, 5w-40 or 10w-40. But the best is still 10w-30.

Mattski_VTIR
28-02-2006, 07:05 PM
I would agree guys,
Ive used the OEM Honda oil and never had a problem. For the sake of a couple of dollars its worth using good oils. Hondas can get fussy when it comes to oil.. Generally only when its dirty or thick though.. Cant go wrong with OEM regardless of whats been running in it previously. Any damage from bad oil would have already been caused, and not caused by changing the oil back to FEO.

[DCEIVR]
28-02-2006, 09:08 PM
FEO is the way to go :)

racinghonda
28-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Yeah, when in doubt stick with FEO.

Sypherg
28-02-2006, 09:24 PM
']FEO is the way to go :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

del501
02-03-2006, 09:34 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
yup FEO they way to GOO!!!!!

aaronng
02-03-2006, 09:59 PM
^^ Why so happy about FEO? It's made by Castrol......

Chi
02-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Motul !!!!

del501
02-03-2006, 10:04 PM
^^ Why so happy about FEO? It's made by Castrol......

well it has the HONDA name on it, must be good for our honda's hehehe :D

Spunkymonkey
04-03-2006, 08:15 PM
I've used Mobil 1, Shell Helix and also Castrol Synthetic. I don't use mobil 1 anymore because it burns too quickly, so I mainly use the 5/30 castrol synthetic R. Runs alright, and is a little cheaper than the others.