PDA

View Full Version : How to locate a water leak in Civic interior

kappa1st
01-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Hey guys,

My EG Sedan has developed a leak under the dash on the passenger side. When it rains hard enough, water starts dripping somewhere above where the front passenger's feet would be and is pooling there.

Any ideas where the leak would be coming from and how to fix it?

Cheers,

-Kappa

Tu88y
01-03-2006, 09:03 AM
go to a car wash.. Sit in the car and get your friend to hose the car down....

EuroDude
01-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Happens to my Civic too (same car). I'm guessing its because of the long plastic cover that sits under the wipers - the seal has come loose due to hot weather I think, and the rain builds up somewhere then overflows into the cabin.

But it only happens when it rains heavily for hours, otherwise its ok.

I guess we need to remove that plastic cover and have a good look at whats under there and do some resealing.

kappa1st
01-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Happens to my Civic too (same car). I'm guessing its because of the long plastic cover that sits under the wipers - the seal has come loose due to hot weather I think, and the rain builds up somewhere then overflows into the cabin.

But it only happens when it rains heavily for hours, otherwise its ok.

I guess we need to remove that plastic cover and have a good look at whats under there and do some resealing.

Thanks dude,

Yeah i was thinking it might be coming from that plastic cover. My mate also suggested it could be a break in the seal of the windscreen which may have also let water come in.

For now I think I have the same prob as you too, because after a short shower, there's no cabin leak, but after heavy rain it starts dripping through.

Cheers,

-Kappa

BLKek
01-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Foot well, perhaps a grommet has come out or loose... or there's a hole in one of them for audio wiring. My EK has a hole in one of the rubber grommets that get water through it, its not very big at all, but you feel a splash every now and then...