PDA

View Full Version : High Tech Alarm System

fly_vti
01-03-2006, 01:41 PM
hi guys, i have a good alarm system with the immobilisor and stuff, but i want those tracker things because i cant afford full insurance.

where do i get those? what brands?

does anyone have them? how much is it?

BiGANG
01-03-2006, 01:45 PM
i remember i looked at one ages ago and it was something like 2000 + monitoring @ $1 a day but the first years monitoring was included in the 2g. Its not cheap but apparently its real effective. I didnt end up getting one because i heard quiktrak went broke but theyre still around so i dunno if that was true or not.

I would recommend it, Im gonna get one as soon as some cash frees up
as well if u want insurance later the rate is a fair bit cheaper.

fly_vti
01-03-2006, 01:51 PM
i remember i looked at one ages ago and it was something like 2000 + monitoring @ $1 a day but the first years monitoring was included in the 2g. Its not cheap but apparently its real effective. I didnt end up getting one because i heard quiktrak went broke but theyre still around so i dunno if that was true or not.

I would recommend it, Im gonna get one as soon as some cash frees up
as well if u want insurance later the rate is a fair bit cheaper.

what you mean monitoring?

ek4-guy
01-03-2006, 03:09 PM
what he means is that your car is monitored from a company like quick track so if you car is stolen they know straight away
last time i heard Strathfield car radio where doin em for $1200 with a blackwidow alarm and 12 months monitoring
id say they are worth getting to make your insurance cheaper but dont think your car is protected cause if your tracker was activated i could find it in under a minute

Slow96GSR
01-03-2006, 03:53 PM
We went through this on my other forums. Here (http://www.highaltitudeimports.com/showthread.php?t=35745&highlight=tracking) try this. They are good deals, just got one for all my cars.

Lukezen27
01-03-2006, 04:07 PM
We went through this on my other forums. Here (http://www.highaltitudeimports.com/showthread.php?t=35745&highlight=tracking) try this. They are good deals, just got one for all my cars.

Links broke bro :o

aaronng
01-03-2006, 04:10 PM
GPS tracking only works when you are above ground. When you are in an covered car park, or if it is very cloudy or raining heavily, it doesn't work. Also, theives can put your car into a container and the GPS system does not work.

Systems like Quiktrak use GSM signals, the one used by mobile phones. So as long as you have reception, you can track it, even in a car park! The downside is when your car is stolen and driven to an area with no mobile phone reception. Then you are ****ED!