PDA

View Full Version : Comparisson - Vti-R & Type R

Bludger
02-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Refering to and Following from the post by 'BlitZ' from the 'sussy' section, regarding the rear subframe.

If we were to get a Vti-R & Type R.
take both cars, dismantle everything, absolutely everything that can be bolted, glued, or attached on. Take both cars back to bare shell with absolutely nothing on them, just METAL!!
what would be the differences? especially the rear 'subframe'.
would the R have thicker sheet metal?
people refers to an R as having "The ITR is beefy enough that it doesnt need one"

Is it bolt on beefyness? or is the body beefy?

ppl with knowledge plz shed light.

\I'm going to get my dinner now. thank you

RegardsBau

EG5[KRT]
02-03-2006, 07:03 PM
hm.. i believe the R body was more rigid in construction and less sound deadening.

bennjamin
02-03-2006, 08:03 PM
vtir + type R what ? EK or DC ?

Chi
02-03-2006, 08:12 PM
sunroof ( heavier and weaker chasis )

sivic
02-03-2006, 10:03 PM
i know with the JDM DC2 type r there was more reinforcement on the body (not bolt ons) so i'm guessing it may be the same with ours. we didnt start getting scammed until the DC5.

Bludger
03-03-2006, 03:17 PM
vtir + type R what ? EK or DC ?

I'm sorry, i meant Dc2.

Captiva_Blue
03-03-2006, 05:59 PM
There is a significant difference between the two if you strip them down to a bare shell.. The Type R shell has more welds holding each piece of the chassis together than the VTi-R chassis. This may sound insignificant but it is largely responsible for the increased chassis rigidity that the R has over the VTi-R. There is no difference in terms of the sheet metal used or the actual pressings used to create each piece of the chassis.

As Chi said, the sunroof in the VTi-R makes a difference by not only weakening the rigidity of the roof and adding weight but also by raising the car's centre of gravity (makes it roll more).

Everything else is pure bolt on...

Bludger
11-03-2006, 02:29 PM
where is the source of your information?

jdmlvn
11-03-2006, 02:42 PM
www.dohc-vtec.com.au