PDA

View Full Version : End Of Warranty Inspection

ACE888
02-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi Guys,

Next week my Jazz turns 3 years old and the dealer I bought the car from offers a FREE End of Warranty Inspection - Just to make sure everything with the Jazz is Ok.

Anyway, my car is a 1.5 CVT with 90,000kms on it and just you guys to provide some final thoughts / areas to mention to the dealer when I take it in next week (yes I have made an inspection booking already).

My only real concern right now is:- 1) the ticking sound when the air con is on - its real loud! and 2) that the Jazz jerks alot particularly in City driving (less than 50km/h), it feels like the transmission is thumping everytime i release my foot of the throttle.....another example is i might cruise at 50km/hr then accelerate to 70km/h then i release and the car jerks quite bad........

any other pointers to tell the service technician?

muli
03-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi Guys,

Next week my Jazz turns 3 years old and the dealer I bought the car from offers a FREE End of Warranty Inspection - Just to make sure everything with the Jazz is Ok.

Anyway, my car is a 1.5 CVT with 90,000kms on it and just you guys to provide some final thoughts / areas to mention to the dealer when I take it in next week (yes I have made an inspection booking already).

My only real concern right now is:- 1) the ticking sound when the air con is on - its real loud! and 2) that the Jazz jerks alot particularly in City driving (less than 50km/h), it feels like the transmission is thumping everytime i release my foot of the throttle.....another example is i might cruise at 50km/hr then accelerate to 70km/h then i release and the car jerks quite bad........

any other pointers to tell the service technician?

my jazz makes same noise, all they did was spray some WD40 in there and it stopped, popped up my bonnet, WD40 everywhere around some motor of a thing, week later the lubricant had faded and noise back. Taking car in again to have some other problems attended to.

kimbi
03-03-2006, 05:31 PM
MY CAR HAS THE SAME JERKING!! It just turned 3 and just ticked onto 19,000kms this week.. it got serviced 2 weeks ago at honda and i thought it would fix it but it hasnt... if you find out what it is just let me know!!

My only suggestion would be to get them to take a good look at the areas that are expensive to fix (myber air con, transmission?)

petrovski
03-03-2006, 07:53 PM
My jazz jerks terribly under 50km/h

I just put it down to a lack of torque thing and not being able to idle through the gears
clutch??

im just grasping at straws bc i really have no idea . . . :o

edit: i didnt read the acceleration part - ditto
maybe the clutch?? its not smooth at all . . .

But at the same time i towed a 700kg boat trailer 2 1/2 hours south with the only problem being i couldnt go past 90km/h (3rd gear) up hills

Pete :)

ACE888
09-03-2006, 05:01 PM
My End of Warranty Inspection happened today and I felt the Honda dealer wasn't impresed that I have never gotten the car serviced from Honda as I've always taken it to my local mechanic. It's 90,000kms! (so what, i'm allowed to take it to anyone with a mechanic license I like!)

I guess the only time I ever got the car checked by Honda is the 1,000KM and now this End of Warranty Inspection hehe :p

Anyway, the following happened to this inspection:-

1. 36 month inspection, attend to 36 month inspection, check & report any work reqiured = CARRIED OUT INSPECTION.

2. Heating & Air Cond, Check for Ticking Noise = Adjusted Drive belt : Tested - All Ok.

3. Engine, Check for Jerking = Checked ECU for Fault Code/s - None Evident. Checked Data List - Found EGR Valve fluctuating at Idle - Replaced EGR Valve, Road Tested - All Ok.

Now my car doesn't make ticking sounds when the air con is on, however the car still jerks a bit..... need to assess it before my warranty runs out in 9 days!

08ESE
09-03-2006, 06:01 PM
my jazz is a manual BUT jerks at low revs BADLY if i run cheap fuel, run it on decent stuff and its fine.

ACE888
09-03-2006, 09:09 PM
i told the mechanic that the car 'jerks' and sometimes 'bunny hops'..... so he changed the EGR valve? i have no idea what that is.... but he says that replacing this valve should solve that problem especially when the car starts off...... we'll see how it goes.