PDA

View Full Version : ITR intake into b16a

bal
02-03-2006, 08:34 PM
i have a 1992 EG civic with a 2000 jdm b16a and am thinking of buying a ITR intake maifold.

Has anyone perfomed this modification before??

sivic
02-03-2006, 09:59 PM
i've got a book infront of me with dyno charts showing the stock item works better for the B16A. infact the ITR manifold resulted in considerable power losses in some areas, but did not give any gains except for well beyond the redline.
mind you thats on a stock engine. it may be worth it if you've done some headwork

bal
02-03-2006, 10:05 PM
I have been told that they need an wideband o2 sensor and a larger throttle body.

cannot find any more info on it any help would be much appreciated.

these are the engine mods that have already been done.

JDM B16A DOCH Vtec.
-Engine conversion from a 2000 vti-r civic.
-civic type r 4-2-1 extractors (B16B).
-High compression head gasket.
-Engine has been balancedand blueprinted before conversion.
-Blitz POD filter with air intake set up.
-high flow stainless steel cat.
-2.25" stainless steel mandrel bend exhaust with 5 inch muffler tip.

wynode
02-03-2006, 10:21 PM
on a stock EK4 a ITR intake and throttle body results in a loss of power (look for a search by TODA AU).

sivic
02-03-2006, 10:32 PM
i dont think its due to the throttle body or sensors. it has more to do with the length of the intake runners.
the stock IM is fine even for higher power apps. you'll be better off spending the coin on something else like going towards cams or an ITR gearbox

bal
02-03-2006, 11:03 PM
thanx for all your help much appreciated.
cheers

jimmeh
03-03-2006, 06:05 AM
in an NA application you are more concerned with the velocity of the air where as with turbo you want volume. the ITR manfold has larger diameter runners, this therefore decreases the velocity of the air running thought the motor, resulting in a loss of power.

Mattski_VTIR
03-03-2006, 10:44 AM
You will notice considerable power loss especially down low by fitting an ITR intake manifold on a standard b16a with those bolt ons. You would need some kind of head work and Cams before you can take advantage of this kind of mod. I would recommend these mods before changing intake manifold and throttle body.

BlitZ
03-03-2006, 01:46 PM
a better mod would be to get headers.. are your headers cast?

else as everyone has mentioned you should loose power...

you shoudl take note of spoon venturi plate.. it actually reduces you current b16a intake manfold size to increase velocity (for mid range gain)..

wynode
03-03-2006, 08:38 PM
I thought higher velocity (and shorter runners) is better for top end. As opposed to longer runners and a slower intake velocity.

sivic
03-03-2006, 09:22 PM
intake velocity isnt purely down to runner length though. different engines respond to different runner lengths, regardless of what velocity is achieved due to the "pulses" in intake charge of NA engines.
higher intake velocity is better for any rpm range, its more so where in the range you can achive it.

z3lda
03-03-2006, 11:31 PM
can u tell me where to get a 2000 JDM b16a! i want one too ??????????????????// :rolleyes:

haha @ shit talkin newb.

shurman
07-04-2006, 06:53 AM
i am a noob and what im saying is logical to me but... as i said i am noob.
if 'i' fit a ITR manifold with a bored 70mm TB and add DC2R injectors and fuel rail and regulator. more fuel + more air = power??
and 'i' had a power fc tuned properly, with a decent exhaust (header/cat/catback) would 'i' make more power/better torque??
please dont noob bash... im learning over here :wave:

kayot1k
07-04-2006, 07:15 AM
this should be in the newbie section

im sick of people thinking if i put parts from a better car into my car it would automatically run just as quick.

BlitZ
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
its a pretty good question... stop noob bashing this poor bugger

its like asking would CTR cams give gains on a b16a.

but im sure if u search you would find the answer to you question:thumbsup:

ProECU
07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
the ITR injectors are the same 240cc/min as a B16.

You will gain absolutely nothing in replacing fuel rail.

Larger Throttle Body & Intake Plennum will cause the intake charge velocity to DECREASE, regardless of more air volume coming in.
Net result will be less response early throughout the power band, with possible gains up top.

It's not as simple as more air = more power!

sivic
07-04-2006, 04:04 PM
the stock fuel system for the B16A is fine for an internally stock NA engine.
even with tuning, without having done any headwork or internal work, the ITR manifold and a 70mm TB is unlikely to give gains on a B16A.
like i said earlier, you're better off spending the money on many other things first.
the IM is a modification which you shouldnt be considering till much further down the track.

ProECU
07-04-2006, 04:19 PM
The long rod combination of the B16 does not lend favourably to slow velocity intake ports & large volume intake plenums. Hence the reason for cam overlap.

The B16 needs high velocity to make early power, hence the reason for the TB & Intake manifold sizes.

EG6_SiR
07-04-2006, 05:46 PM
some great info, good work guys :)

TODA AU
08-04-2006, 02:15 PM
i have a 1992 EG civic with a 2000 jdm b16a and am thinking of buying a ITR intake maifold.

Has anyone perfomed this modification before??

= -4kw on Vtec with no other changes