PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

RIHIA
03-03-2006, 01:31 AM
hi im currently looking for a 5th gen prelude vtir manual and wondering what mods to do to it and how much gain and costs.

im thinking of ectractors but do not know good brand names or prices and a cold air intake and exhaust..

wat do u think????

fusionprelude
03-03-2006, 10:44 AM
hey there id say for the extractors spoon or tanabe and same with the exhaust.
the tanabe exhaust gives about 5-15kws ive been told it might have more ill check for the spoon extractors and the exhaust for u and the tanabe extractors and ill get prices to..

Lude4Life
03-03-2006, 10:47 AM
a cat back exhausts will get you around 10hp atw. a set of extractors can fetch around another 5-10hp. some people will recommend going with a mugen twin loop exhaust but i personally dont think the gain is worth the cost involved (ie $1000+).

cold air can help a bit (maybe 5hp) but being n/a you dont really pick up that much, just a bit in the midrange and top end.

fusionprelude
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM
hey there id say for the extractors spoon or tanabe and same with the exhaust.
the tanabe exhaust gives about 5-15kws ive been told it might have more ill check for the spoon extractors and the exhaust for u and the tanabe extractors and ill get prices to..

the tanabe exhaust will cost u from $550 to $900 because of different types

redliner
03-03-2006, 11:00 AM
a cat back exhausts will get you around 10hp atw. a set of extractors can fetch around another 5-10hp. some people will recommend going with a mugen twin loop exhaust but i personally dont think the gain is worth the cost involved (ie $1000+).

cold air can help a bit (maybe 5hp) but being n/a you dont really pick up that much, just a bit in the midrange and top end.

Like any other N/A cars, you'll be paying alot to get alot of gain. Basic exhaust and airfilter prob give you 5-15hp depending on brands.

I dunno about a cat back exhausts alone will give you around 10hp atw, i like to see that. Dont really make sense when most of the power produce is at the header and most headers dont even give you that kinda gain.

vtc
03-03-2006, 11:31 AM
a catback exhaust will only give you about 2-5hp max. Theres not much there power there. Mugen exhaust 1600-1700 and whether its worth it or not is completely up to the buyer. The header is where more power can be gained. About 5-15HP depending on brands.

In amaerica someone has dynoed a mugen catback with mugen header and got about 10.6 Hp peak gain. approx 4-8HP from 0-4000rpm and then about 8-12HP 6000rpm+

Preludes can make more power but then you will always be handicaped by the weight.

CUL8R
03-03-2006, 01:23 PM
outright power unlimited budget?
go for
smsp headers
mugen cat back
aem v2
hondata
lol

with that said i doubt ull end up with any of those. but most importantly dont start modding it until u have it mate.

save your money and get a good one and dont rush into it. once u get the car plan your mods slowly and carefully otherwise ull end up with 3 sets of headers, a VAFC u dont have the money to tune and a very empty pocket.

to give u a basic idea i have an AEM V2 intake, custom exhaust, VAFC2 and i hit the 115.5fwkw (very accurate,safe tune, peaked at 118) mark. since then i have a couple more goodies and i should be good for 120 with a safe tune.

this is just a guide because i have a friend whos lude has done double the kms, has a V2,VAFC2 and fujistubo exhaust and didnt reach 107 (tuned by the same guy on the same dyno)

vtc
03-03-2006, 11:02 PM
your friends ride sounds very werid!
i got 160,000kms on mine with just a pod filter i got 106.

What type of fujitsubo does he have?

CUL8R
04-03-2006, 05:15 AM
legalis r....
but on the dyno u were on was it accurate? thats a big mark for just a pod. did any stock cars go on the dyno?

on the dyno we all went on a stock vtir would pull slightly less than 100. how come you havnt posted ur dyno sheet on the PA 5th gen dyno sheet thread! post now! lol

vtc
04-03-2006, 12:24 PM
haha i went on with another car...

I just ordered the legalis r myself. Can you send me some pics on what it looks like? I have been searching forever and i just bit the bullet. Does it sound nice?