PDA

View Full Version : XSI clutch problem

krovikan
03-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi all,

I have an import Integra XSi (B16a) and the clutch is starting to slip... i got me a brass button clutch ( i know its overkill, but i got it cheep). Anyways, the mechanic that is installing it is telling me that cauz the engine is so tight that there is no room for him to remove the transmission and the he will prob have to remove the engine to install the clutch. I know the he is not saying this to get money outta me cauz im not paying for the job anyways,

i just wanted to know if anyone else knows of this problem and what i can do to not have to take out the engine

thanx.

bennjamin
03-03-2006, 11:03 AM
im sure he can remove the side mounts too , and simply pull up or drop the gearbox without removing the entire engine...He is the professional tho. Wait for other older teg owners and they will tell how to do it

FR33K
03-03-2006, 11:11 AM
u can definately change the clutch without removing the whole engine !!!
just remove the side mount and drop it.. also remove all ur intake and everthing to make some room... but it is a big job and its not easy..

TRU32U
03-03-2006, 05:21 PM
i always thought fwd cars shuold take the engine out... but then again i dunno thats what the mechanics say

SKREMN
03-03-2006, 05:39 PM
I just took my box out last week
I did it all my self just using basic tools
I have got a b20 but its the same thing
you have to remove the gear box mount on the top and the front engine mount and then let the box drop
also you will have to remoce the tie end rod from the front of the car to the suspension
The motor will drop to one side and then you can let the box down under the car
I did this on the floor also using a jack and stands
it took me 3 1/2 hrs to do this
if you mechanic cant do it properly id say take it elsewhere

Spoon DA9R
03-03-2006, 10:47 PM
i have b16a...my is jdm....i dun need to take out engine...
i've driven 2 JDM DA9 in the past...non of them have to do that....