PDA

View Full Version : fuel tank prob.

honda chic
03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi all, i hope this is ok to post here.
i am having a problem with my fuel tank in my 1990 honda accord exi
i can only use about half a tank before i need to fill up again or my (automatic!) will stall.
at first i thought the pick up was too high - so only reaching half a tank. but ive taken it to my repairer and they said it looked normal.
now i was wondering if anything remotely similar has happened with other people or if anyone could shed some new light. its not dangerous, its a damn hassle! :wave:

MRH-22A
03-03-2006, 01:55 PM
i think u shuld take it to another repairer.

cb7
04-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Honda Chic.. Im thinking maybe the fuel pump? Take it to some better mechanic and tell em your problems, it shouldnt be fine when your car stalls when you got half a tank, i got the same car like yours and i drive it sometimes till the petrol light goes on! haha

honda chic
06-03-2006, 11:27 AM
yeh i think that too, but why should it take the rest of the fuel so well? i dont make sense, oh well !

iamhappy46
06-03-2006, 04:57 PM
fuel pickup filter could be clogged at the base but allowing fuel in once it is over half full. Even get your fuel tank drained and check for contaminants. Maybe your fuel gauge sender unit is broken??

Get the EFI Hi pressure fuel filter changed while your there, a lot of sh!t could be blocking it when the pump is sucking up the dregs in your tank.