PDA

View Full Version : New car here! Questions on warranty?

godamit
03-03-2006, 02:05 PM
yippeee!!! my new euro is here! waiting for pickup tom at the dealer!! really excited and happy bout it. :D

now busy calling all the insurers to find out the best deal on my insurance.

Are there any disadvantages to allowing the insurer to choose their own repairer? I heard that they may allow non-honda parts to be used in any repairs to get a lower cost.. is that true?

if the insurer selects the repairer and non-honda parts are used, will that affect my honda warranty? i.e honda may not rectify faults if the use of non-honda parts affect other components of the engine etc..

anyone can help?

thanks.

Tobster
03-03-2006, 03:55 PM
If you can't pick your own repairer, then generally your car goes on a website and often the cheapest tender wins.

However, most repairers will make sure that their work is up to warranty standards if the car's under warranty -- because otherwise the job is just going to come back to them (I get my car back from the repairer next week -- yippeee!).

If you want to be sure, then get insurance that allows you to pick your repairer -- and then you can ask them (if you ever need it!) if they only use genuine parts.

The repairer I'm at said that with the age of the car, there just aren't third party parts (in terms of panels, etc.) available anyway...

aaronng
03-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Yup, I went for Honda's insurance because it was similar to NRMA's quote and they repair it at Honda with original parts. And if the car is stolen or written off in the first 3 years, you get a new replacement. Honda's insurance is underwritten by Swann Insurance.