PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] - Comptech short shift install problem

raz05
03-03-2006, 11:51 PM
While i'm tryin to install my comptech short shift today, i have find problems with removing the cup holder. And I have been searching in the forum about installing a comptech short shift, but i couldn't find anything about that bit. Could anyone help me out and tell me how to remove the cup holder?

Peekay34
04-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Once you have removed the gear change surround. Gently lever the cup holder up. The cup holder is only held in by clips start closer to the gear changer then work backwards...use a thin flat blade scew driver between the cup holder and the plastics underneath it be carefull though not to damage anything...be patient as you can break the clip holders if you are to rough..I have the honda instructions to remove this stuff if you need them I can scan them and email them to you. BTW the clip at the front of the gear change assembly is a pain to move you will have fun with this... Start with a stubby scew driver...to try and move it upwards..

Also with the comptech short shifter make sure it is on 100 % and use the locktite they supply ...use it on the allen screws as well...mine came loose

TypeG
04-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Once you have removed the gear change surround. Gently lever the cup holder up. The cup holder is only held in by clips start closer to the gear changer then work backwards...use a thin flat blade scew driver between the cup holder and the plastics underneath it be carefull though not to damage anything...be patient as you can break the clip holders if you are to rough..I have the honda instructions to remove this stuff if you need them I can scan them and email them to you. BTW the clip at the front of the gear change assembly is a pain to move you will have fun with this... Start with a stubby scew driver...to try and move it upwards..

Also with the comptech short shifter make sure it is on 100 % and use the locktite they supply ...use it on the allen screws as well...mine came loose

by any chance i can have the honda instructions ?

raz05
04-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Can u send the instruction to me please, thx i will PM u my e-mail address

Peekay34
04-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Instructions here... Hope this helps. Type G I might be able to help since I am in Melb as well...west subs

TypeG
04-03-2006, 03:01 PM
I will try myself first since I always want to play around with my car myself first
is short shift any good?

raz05
04-03-2006, 03:08 PM
I have juz got the short shift install, u can certainly feel the difference. It is much shorter then it use to be. I get it off ebay which cost me around 130Aus including shipping, and this is the comptech short shift plus a RSX-S gear knob. And it takes around a week to ship from US.
Thx Peekay~!

EuroAccord13
04-03-2006, 05:47 PM
as per Peekay's suggestion... Remember to loctite the unit ball or it will come loose.. I didn't follow CompTech's instructions, I used NeuSpeed's...

What I can say is that the clips on the corner of the center console are tight and a pain in the A**e to remove.. I suggest nudging and lifting them abit at a time.. That's what I did... Well after I cracked the first corner LOL!

PNR888
04-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Congratulation Raz05, you finally did it... good on ya!

I didnt have locktite in mine, but no problem so far. (after almost a year)

blitz_euro
17-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Hi,

I want a short shift, but the pics dont look right to me on eBay, i just want someone to clarify to me i am looking at the right thing.

here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CompTech-Acura-TSX-6MT-2004-2006-Short-Shifter-NEW_W0QQitemZ8033653115QQcategoryZ33736QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

or this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CompTech-Acura-TSX-6MT-2004-2005-Short-Shifter-NEW_W0QQitemZ4615426453QQcategoryZ107070QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

EuroAccord13
17-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Hi,

I want a short shift, but the pics dont look right to me on eBay, i just want someone to clarify to me i am looking at the right thing.

here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CompTech-Acura-TSX-6MT-2004-2006-Short-Shifter-NEW_W0QQitemZ8033653115QQcategoryZ33736QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

or this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CompTech-Acura-TSX-6MT-2004-2005-Short-Shifter-NEW_W0QQitemZ4615426453QQcategoryZ107070QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

You are looking at the right item :)

yfin
17-03-2006, 08:43 AM
What I can say is that the clips on the corner of the center console are tight and a pain in the A**e to remove.. I suggest nudging and lifting them abit at a time.. That's what I did... Well after I cracked the first corner LOL!

I found putting my hand through the leather boot and lifting from the inside helps to get that console off.