PDA

View Full Version : ef9 radiator

gnx1987
04-03-2006, 01:49 PM
I need asap help on this. I cracked my radiator a couple of weeks ago, and I've been trying to find a replacement. I bought a new one from honda world in Oakleigh which held against mine looked exactly the same. Now today when I'm trying to put it in it's like about 1 friggin centimetre taller than the old one so the top mounts won't sit on it properly and the fans won't go in their locators on the radiator because the locators down the bottom are totally different plus they don't reach the distance cause of the extra height of the radiator. And one of the tabs on the fan that bolts onto the radiator is now out by about an inch.

Has anyone else had to replace they're radiator in they're ef8/9 (I asume they're the same). Where did you get your raplacement or is there a model of civic crx that has the same radiator or should I try to modify my new one to accomodate. This is so gay! Help quick please!

crxtasy
04-03-2006, 06:45 PM
One of the Integra models has the same radiator but forgotten which one, when my top tank cracked i took it to highway radiators on cheltenham rd in keysborough and they matched it with one from an integra, any radiator place should be able to do the same thing.

[T][L]
04-03-2006, 09:43 PM
One of the Integra models has the same radiator but forgotten which one, when my top tank cracked i took it to highway radiators on cheltenham rd in keysborough and they matched it with one from an integra, any radiator place should be able to do the same thing.

i think its the DA integra...

wynode
04-03-2006, 09:48 PM
*moved* to the civic forum.

gnx1987
01-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I probably should have posted this ages ago when I got my radiator fixed but forgot, so I'll post it now. Anyway that's exactly what I did. I got it fixed. I went to NATRAD in bayswater (as that's where I live), and he was able to replace the top tank. One problem (which I don't care about because I got a reco radiator which fits perfect without any mods) is the price. The cheapest he was able to get one and fit it (with the usual clean out) was 240 bucks. I would have bought a second hand but I couldn't find one and didn't have the time and no one was able to help enough with a similar model match. To those that tried to help, thanks anyway. Hope this helps others.

Weq
01-06-2006, 06:00 PM
another quick response for anyone wondering.
u can get great radiators off ebay US. u can get stock ones for like $30 and aftermarket alluminium ones for like 150.... shipping takes a lil longer, but they are good quality and fit like stock.

BSRacer
05-06-2006, 07:44 PM
I had the same problem, just got the top tank replaced, $330 including install cleaning and coolant. But if it's cleaned at the same time and otherwise undamaged it's as good as new. I know it's expensive but it's better than trying to get one from japan. Other option that you could try is just getting a b16a2 radiator. They're narrower and smaller and make up some mounts for it. A mate of mine just got one for $150 and honestly i would've given one of them a go rather than paying all the extra $$$$

anexiole
10-01-2009, 08:48 PM
I probably should have posted this ages ago when I got my radiator fixed but forgot, so I'll post it now. Anyway that's exactly what I did. I got it fixed. I went to NATRAD in bayswater (as that's where I live), and he was able to replace the top tank. One problem (which I don't care about because I got a reco radiator which fits perfect without any mods) is the price. The cheapest he was able to get one and fit it (with the usual clean out) was 240 bucks. I would have bought a second hand but I couldn't find one and didn't have the time and no one was able to help enough with a similar model match. To those that tried to help, thanks anyway. Hope this helps others.

i know this has been awhile but how happy were you with the service in NATRAD? I am considering taking my euro to get the compressor done in the one in Sth Melbourne.

thanks

Snoop_gee
11-01-2009, 09:15 PM
i got 2x for grabs.

Click HERE (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102271)