PDA

View Full Version : The age old batttle MAZDA 6 (Atenza) vs Honda/Acura Euro/TSX

bigbuddha
16-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Well ... this topic has probably been talked upon and discussed to death already ... but i'd still like to hear ppls opinions on the 2 rival cars ...

hears my 2 cents worth ...

Mazda6/Atenza - ok ride ... ok engine .... ok interior ... resale value err none ... overall .. ok ... not bad ... but would i want to splash around 35-40K on a car that's just ok ... probably not ... and hears my last thought .. what's with the name .. ATENZA .. doesn't that sound like a camry model name ... stupid i think

Euro/TSX - excellent ride ... nice interior ... excellent engine class leading i think and suggested as such by far more intelligent souls than myself ... resale value pfft i wouldn't want to part with my ride anyway ... overall excellent value for money paid ... needs a better stock sound system though although once again not bad ... and hears my last thought ... what exactly does TSX stand for anyways ...???

incoming
16-04-2004, 01:24 AM
see the new mazda 6 MPS??
4wd turbo..

read about it in the new MOTOR mag.. (just below the new v10 M5 concept!!!!!!!!)

toE
16-04-2004, 01:41 AM
the interior dash of the Mazda 6 was blant, boring, uninviting.

Steering feel...just not there.

Seats...can do better for the RRP.

Engine...compared to the Euro - is that even an engine?? :P

Exterior - not too bad...cept for the "altezza rear lights"...BAD!

Ride as in suspension works - like any normal car...nuffin special.

my 2c.

Euro - beats the Mazda 6 in every way, i reckon!

EuroAccord13
16-04-2004, 02:41 AM
The Mazda 6 has one of sluggiest manual shifter I've tested... Even the Mazda 3 has a better shifter than the 6....

CHEERS
Nick

bigbuddha
16-04-2004, 07:07 AM
yes .. i'd heard of the mazda6 mps sometime ago ... at that time mazda was saying it was bit of a pipe dream and probably wouldn't be going into production anytime soon ... seems things have changed abit

A'PEXi
16-04-2004, 08:59 AM
looks like its coming to aus though... the mps...

tsx stands for ??? whats rsx stand for ?? :P

juve
16-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Test drove both.... Was looking at the Classic 6 against Standard Euro.
Interior:
As soon as I sat in the car, I didn't like the Grey velour.. I felt the Euro's black was clasier. I didn't like the abundance of the fake "metal" ALL over the central dash in the 6. Demo car I had had a scuff on it already which made it look cheap. Euro has a lot less of the fake "metal". In fact used sparingly actually looks nicer. The old adage "less is sometimes better"

Driving, taking off seemed the same... but when I was going up a slight hill with the Mazda it didn't feel as responsive and its as if I had to push it. The Euro took it beautifully.

The Mazda 6 sounded like it had a lot more road noise then the EUro.... Less road noise is something i'm after, considering I've now got an Integra which is driving me nuts with its noise. The Euro also seemed a bit smoother.

I also like the exterior styling of the Euro. A bit more conservative yes, but seems a bit more sharp and nicer. I don't like the clear lights on the 6. Reminds me of done up Lancers you see so often.

Cons for the Euro is the velour covered centre console. That's going to ruin I feel over time.... and the bike tyre spare tyre.

fueltank
16-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Very interested although it's no suprising that the Euro gets the thumbs up on a Honda board :lol:

I might go test drive both just so I can post a comparison. :D

Calvo
16-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Mazda 6 MPS ams teh winnar!!!

2.0L AWD Turbo. looks sexy as aswell...

yfin
16-04-2004, 12:55 PM
I test drove both. The Mazda 6 corners flatter than the Euro. The engine is nice and has a great raucious bark to it higher in the rev range. Gearbox was good. The interior, however, is too plastic and it looks cheap. Overall - the car feels like it is a $30,000 car.

The Euro manual is a real highlight and the engine just gallops along. The sound of the engine encroaches the cabin more than the 6 high in the rev range (negative). Fit and finish is better than the 6 and it feels more luxurious in standard trim. Euro loses points for not having a trip computer (this bugs me)! The space saver tyre is also a cheap move as is not having felt on the inner side of the windows. The Euro having VSA is a bonus as is drive by wire. Overall - the standard Euro car feels like it is a $50,000 car.

here is a proper review! Guess which car wins?

http://motoring.nzoom.com/motoring_detail/0,2734,217018-388-390,00.html

Slugoid
16-04-2004, 03:29 PM
I've tested both as well, although I tested the manual luxury hatch Mazda 6 and for the Euro, only tested the auto as opposed to the 6 speed.

A little bias, from an Euro owner, but I reckon the Euro is better then the Mazda6 in all aspects. Engine, transmission, handling, interior, styling. I would even take a base model Euro over a top of the line Mazda 6 (luxury sports hatch).

fueltank
16-04-2004, 03:57 PM
I would even take a base model Euro over a top of the line Mazda 6 (luxury sports hatch).

damn that is a very big call! :shock:

euro77
17-04-2004, 01:49 AM
I test drive both cars before making the decision to purchase euro. Basically the euro wins more on performance, interior and feature. The things I like on Mazda 6 is the sporty look (it's more sportier to me compared to euro), and the option to have BOSE sound system :P

Nevertheles, I am after performance and features, so I choose Euro, which I did not regret :D

Sideshow Bob
14-02-2006, 12:52 AM
I have an accord euro as supplied by my work, and its a nice car in every way. a huge improvement over the last accord, and does everything i need it to (mainly highway trips). I hate to say this, but i really look forward to the weekends that i go visit my parents. so i can drive their mazda 6 up the local twisties. mum thinks i keep coming back for her cooking. wrong!

put simply the 6 is fun to drive, you know whats going on and everything you want done it will do. in this respect the euro feels capable but slightly numb. euro for stop lights and highway, 6 for twisties and looks.

Tobster
14-02-2006, 08:59 AM
I looked at both at motor shows and test drove both. The 6 I drove was the updated model with the 6 speed manual. The 6 has the best gearbox -- it's a really tight notchy racing shift and it made me understand the comment I read in one car review about the Euro box feeling a little rubbery. The steering response is really sharp -- excellent. It also had a lot more go than I expected, and I think it's a very pretty car.

However, the Euro got me for the quality of the materials -- the leather and plastics are nicer. I went for an 06 model, so I have a full size spare and trip computer.

I just love the smooth revving nature of the Euro.

There's quite a good comparison in a Wheels late last year. Something that also got me was the fact that the 6 is slightly slower and actually uses a bit more fuel in the real world -- which I find annoying for a smaller less powerful engine.

The HIDs in the Euro were also something that appealed to me more.