PDA

View Full Version : Soundstream Controller in Euro.

Peekay34
04-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi all you budding Sub installers in the Euro....I have upgraded my speakers in my Euro to MB Quarts as per my signature...but was wondering how the heck was I going to install a Sub Woofer in my rear of the car without putting a new head unit in the car. I decided against this as I had fitted the Honda MP3 player. Initially I put a volume control which did high level to line level conversion which was fine but did not control the bass that well. I did some home work on them web on how to do this without buying another amp with a volume control (which would still work). After lots of searching I came up with this unit...The Soundstream BX10 digital bass controller.... It works extremly well. It does bass reconstruction and has also level controller built into it, you can alter the voltage of the RCA levels coming out. Also has a proper volume control which works really well. The only issue is that you have to buy a line level to RCA convertor as well but these are availble from stinger.... They cost $ 400 AUD here RRP but I manged to get one from the states off ebay brand new for $144 inc shipping AUD. $50 for the line level convertor. ...Strongly suggest if thats you would like to do these are good idea.

chunky
04-03-2006, 03:35 PM
i rkn its alright

EuroDude
04-03-2006, 04:58 PM
huh? Doesnt the Euro's head unit have any RCA outputs?

aka_NSX
04-03-2006, 05:08 PM
for me I prefer the Audio Control LC6 (http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=31215&d_Id=17612&l1=17612&l2=#)

huh? Doesnt the Euro's head unit have any RCA outputs?

u will never found any RCA O/P on any OEM H/U

ICACHA
04-03-2006, 06:24 PM
but was wondering how the heck was I going to install a Sub Woofer in my rear of the car without putting a new head unit in the car. Initially I put a volume control which did high level to line level conversion which was fine but did not control the bass that well.

Why didn't the controller do the job properly?

I've built dozens (might not be the same ones) which have yet to fail or not control the sub volume properly...

EuroDude
04-03-2006, 06:31 PM
u will never found any RCA O/P on any OEM H/U

Dang :( Oh well I think my Audison SRx3 Amp takes normal speaker input anyway.

ICACHA
04-03-2006, 09:18 PM
It sure does EuroDude, And from memory you can buy the optional Sub volume controller for the Audison.

Peekay34
05-03-2006, 07:09 AM
Why didn't the controller do the job properly?

I've built dozens (might not be the same ones) which have yet to fail or not control the sub volume properly...

As I stated the controller does not work as well as this does...BTW this is a suggestion is entirely up to who ever as an option. Besides this it is a digital processor the difference between clean bass to dirty is huge. I am very pleased with the results as are some of those that have heard it. Even the stereo shop that fitted it was impressed.

xiang
06-03-2006, 02:43 PM
i dont know too much about all this stuff.. but i installed a sub in my euro, keeping the oem headunit. and i used the line output convertor, which cost me like $30 from jaycar.

is this the same thing as what you had done?

ICACHA
06-03-2006, 06:34 PM
his was adjustable from the front i assume, and i also assume you got one to convert high level (speaker output) into low level (rca output).

EuroDude
21-03-2006, 05:41 PM
It sure does EuroDude, And from memory you can buy the optional Sub volume controller for the Audison.

Yep, already have the Sub volume controller :thumbsup:

I just hope the rear speaker wires will supply a clean signal. Nothing worse than buzzing noises through the system...