View Full Version : horn *beep beep* no working

mrwillz
04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
well my horn has stpped working

here my situation
i dont haf a manual guide for my car

so i need someone kindful enought to supply me wif a fuse diagram for a
2000 honda civic hatch Gli

as this is the first place i will investigate to find the cause.

SKREMN
04-03-2006, 04:20 PM
the fuse pannel should have a sticker on the inside of it
not too shure on the location of it in your car but maybe under the dash or in the engine bay

bennjamin
04-03-2006, 04:22 PM
the connection inside ur bumper (to the might even be disconnected or loose - check that out too.

wil
04-03-2006, 04:32 PM
just unplug all the fuse and check them :D...... if u need to use the horn... just put down ur window and u know wat else to do...

mrwillz
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
no i wud fink its a fuse
becuase i had power problems the other nite wif my amp
and a fuse may haf blow sumhow

EG6_SiR
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
It should be the fuse in the engine bay ( located near the battery, on the passenger side firewall). The horn is also on your brake light circuit, so becareful you may have no brake lights. good luck

mrwillz
05-03-2006, 04:41 PM
i haf checkd most fuses, visibble, in the engine bay, they all look ok.

it seems somewat intermittent that my horn works/doesnt. it workd for a bit , but now dead..

wheres mike?!

mrwillz
05-03-2006, 04:48 PM
It should be the fuse in the engine bay ( located near the battery, on the passenger side firewall). The horn is also on your brake light circuit, so becareful you may have no brake lights. good luck

my 3 rear brake lights r fine..

EG6_SiR
05-03-2006, 07:55 PM
I would then check the horn itself, try running direct 12v power to it off something (e.g. battery), if it seems to work ok, if it doesnt then the horn is actually gone (remember to earth it, haha),
Then i would be looking at the wiring for the actual horn, maybe replace the terminals? If that doesnt fix it ummmm.....

Zdster
05-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Hmmm. Maybe try taking it to an auto electrician if it is still a problem?

All engine bay and underdash fuses look alright?

ECU-MAN
06-03-2006, 07:53 AM
you should unplug the horn, put a test light between the horn connector of the car and ground, press the horn and see if the light lights up.

if it does not light up then

check your fuses, check the horn relay. could be the cable reel in the colunm ( SRS )
make sure there is good earth to the horn.

if it does light up, then more than likly your horn is rooted.
only thing you can do is test the horn with 12v to see if its horny

mrwillz
06-03-2006, 03:08 PM
ok well fuses are all good. got a local auto elec to haf a quik look at the fuses..
needs more assessment at a cost so mmmmmm

newmski
03-04-2006, 12:30 PM
ok well i have exact same problem and i have pin pointed it to the actual speaker (horn)
i check the steering wheel connections. fuses etc. then i hooked up a 12V fluro light to the wires which would usually connect to the speaker (behind front bar). the light works when i press horn so i figure its gotta be the actual speaker that is f-ked. now... does honda sell these speakers?...might just head to the wreckers and pinch one of the first car i see