PDA

View Full Version : Hondata DC5 Update – Beta Testing Results

BLKCRX
16-04-2004, 02:31 AM
Hey all while its still not final, nor publicly released yet, in Australia we have had some very promising results for the Hondata K pro ECU in Australia which I wish to share with you.

I’m in syd until Monday, doing testing with the K pro and tuning with dyno dave one of my Hondata Resellers in Australia, and tuning a JDm DC5 for the GT Production Track Race, this weekend.

The car is very strong and huge gain’s over stock can clearly be seen, the car which is totally stock is now a animal to drive on the road, ill let the dyno graphs speak for them selves.

We have begun to do some compression work, ie Hondata vs Stock (no mods ) and also Hondata vs the Mugen ECU, again completely stock, the results can be seen from the dyno graphs below.

We are still in the tuning process and most certainly there are more gain’s to be achieved, but we came one step closer to day to a final prove product.

Stay tuned, the K engines will ROCK the Honda Community.

http://blkcrx.hondata.com.au/blkcrx/dyno/hondata-stock.jpg

http://blkcrx.hondata.com.au/blkcrx/dyno/hondata-mugen.jpg

http://blkcrx.hondata.com.au/blkcrx/dyno/dc51.jpg

http://blkcrx.hondata.com.au/blkcrx/dyno/dc52.jpg

Regards James

ALLMTR
16-04-2004, 02:59 AM
James,
Tell Dave he won't be able to call me on my mobile for a few days as it will be in getting fixed cause I didn't get the text of this friggin information :x

BTW Nice results, what is that in HP???

2ds
16-04-2004, 06:46 AM
jesus that is about 20kw!!! the audm models will be detuned for the petrol over here as well. these things will go balaistic.

-2ds

fueltank
16-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Nice, although the Hondata JDM vs Stock AUDM is a bit mis-leading ;)

VTEC16
16-04-2004, 10:42 AM

tofu R
16-04-2004, 11:31 AM
Hey ! JAP88R and TIMTAM and I met that dc5r and this other jdm dc2r at eastern creek the other day..

its a real jdm dc5r that the guy brought from Honda japan as a racecar .. ie no interior no seats etc.. and its got s2k rotors and calipers as brembos arent standard issue in australia

its niiice and very fast on the track =P

ALLMTR
16-04-2004, 05:05 PM

I'm confused.....How is it mis-leading when it clearly says JDM on one and Aust on the other?????

euGeR
16-04-2004, 10:43 PM
looks like a photoshop bling blung ;)

I think the top dyno is AUSDM baseline BLUE
Hondata - BLACK

Bottom dyno is JDM DC5R
MUGEN ECU - RED
HONDATA - BLUE

Anyone know what kind of estimated gains a hondata will give you on a Stock B18C7? :D

Weq
16-04-2004, 11:02 PM

I'm confused.....How is it mis-leading when it clearly says JDM on one and Aust on the other?????

I think he is saying its misleading due to the fact it isnt the same car that the 'baseline' was taken with. So basically 2 variables have been altered (that we know about), not just the ECU's.

ALLMTR
16-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Second graph is before and after of same car.....

Maybe the writing isn't large enough or something hehehe

Breeze
16-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Yeah euGeR is right there is a mix up in the printing. The top one (black) supposed to be hondata is the same power curve as the bottom one (red) supposed to be mugen ECU.

SIKCVC
17-04-2004, 12:05 AM
geeez thats such a huge difference between JDM and AUS... I know what i'd be looking at :p

Well done on the increase though thats huge.

bizee_1
17-04-2004, 01:55 AM
Top Dyno sheet :
[thick black line] Hondata K Pro ECU, JDM DC5. No other modifications.

[thin blue line] stock ecu, stock AUDM DC5. No other modifications.

2nd Dyno sheet :
[blue line] Hondata K Pro ECU, JDM DC5. No other modifications.

[red line] Mugen DC5 ECU, JDM DC5. No other modifications.

i think some find it misleading, as they 'expect' to see a stock ECU JDM DC5 vs Hondata K Pro ECU JDM DC5. As there are already differences between stock JDM & AUDM DC5's.

Especially as James says that there are huge gains over stock. But the stock DC5 graph is a AUDM, not JDM.

i don't know if anyone else has picked it up, the first sheet shows the Hondata JDM DC5 with 128kw, & the next one with 136.9kw. Practically a 9kw gain.

And they haven't finished yet. There is more tuning & gains to be had.

Good Stuff !!! :thumbsup:

poid
17-04-2004, 10:02 AM
how come the the Hondata-tuned power curve on the top dyno sheet is identical to the Mugen ECU power curve on the second dyno sheet?

Weq
17-04-2004, 02:23 PM
kpro looks good.. alot turbo owners are opting for it as e-manage and other piggybacks just suck with the advanced ECU's.

BLKCRX
17-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Hey Poid is correct, iv been flat out tuning whilst im up in syd, with very little sleep, eheh those DC5 results as I said, are beta testing only none final results, and yeah we finished tuning at 2am and scanned the graphs at 3 /4am eheh after I had no sleep for days.. anyway no excuse.. but yeah the graph labelled stock dc5 aust vs Hondata k pro JDM dc5 is actually stock DC5 aust vs JDM dc5 with the mugen ECU, Hondata gives even larger gains.

I have been flat out down at the race track all day, and currently were sitting forth in our class, tomorrow is race day where we hope 2 win a place, considering the poll position is only like 1second in front it should be close.

Anyway if all goes to plan tomorrow afternoon after the GTP ill be back on the dyno, with a Australian DC5 and the new Hondata system, comparing and contrasting the differences, again all these tests are just “beta tests” final results will be as a result of more research.

On a reliability level the ECU preformed perfectly today throughout the 3 races we did, a good 50+ laps at Oran Park, with everything working continually perfect, im very happy.

Regards James

poid
17-04-2004, 09:51 PM
cheers, that cleared it up :)

The kpro looks pretty good for K series users i must say, very impressed by what Hondata have managed to do

bizee_1
18-04-2004, 05:45 AM
James,

BTW Nice results, what is that in HP???

about 183HP i think.

using :
HP = (kw / 0.745)
kW = (0.745 x HP)

MrThanh
19-04-2004, 12:22 PM
kpro looks good.. alot turbo owners are opting for it as e-manage and other piggybacks just suck with the advanced ECU's.

i don't think it would be highly suitable for turbo applications, as it is specifically tuned to stock K engine.

itr_dc5
20-04-2004, 01:26 PM
I believe HONDATA should have goods and I'm sure there will be result soon to prove this
:P

bizee_1
21-04-2004, 02:12 AM

i don't think it would be highly suitable for turbo applications, as it is specifically tuned to stock K engine.

why not ? what can't it do, that other ECU's can for turbo applications ?