PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

BrianC
04-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey all, im curios about something, is it possible to rebuild an engine completly. So essentially its like have a brand new engine with 0kms on the clock? :confused:

bennjamin
04-03-2006, 07:33 PM
its replacing most parts of an engine and returning to as close to stock clearances as possible -

BrianC
04-03-2006, 08:26 PM
I see. Anyone know what the ballpark figure is for a b16a?

jimmeh
04-03-2006, 10:45 PM
yeh its possible but i think if you want a brand new motor you can order them from honda. i think it will work out cheaper if you do it that way instead rebuilding it. if you were gonna build it with honda parts expect you pockets to be empty when your done

bennjamin
04-03-2006, 10:50 PM
yeh its possible but i think if you want a brand new motor you can order them from honda. i think it will work out cheaper if you do it that way instead rebuilding it. if you were gonna build it with honda parts expect you pockets to be empty when your done

totally agree - any engine (or car for that matter) , stripped down to individual parts prices will be a large amount more to make up , rather than just buy the thing new as a package.

CUL8R
05-03-2006, 04:53 AM
expect you pockets to be empty when your done
empty pockets is good weight reduction tho. :p

Slow96GSR
05-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Yes getting a new long block will be cheaper and quicker but if you want to customize the parts you can do a basic rebuild for about the same price. We get long blocks for about $3500USD shipped and can do a rebuild for the same, that's pistons, rods, polish the crank, head/valve work with new valves, springs and retainers, new/resurfaced fly wheel, balance the rotating assembly, all machining, cleaning, and final assembly. Build time is about 4 weeks at most.

Honda parts aren't much more and some are less than aftermarket parts. It's the shipping that will get you for any of them.

iamhappy46
07-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Crate engine from Japan if you want a stocker.

I believe CRD in Sydney have a B16A crate engine they can get in, that put outs 220Hp or something close to that, for under $12,000 fitted and tuned. Prices might have gone up or dropped since 2003 though.