PDA

View Full Version : Jvc Kd-avx1

stanleym
05-03-2006, 10:29 AM
hey just wondering if anyone has this model headunit

JVC KD-AVX1
http://www.jvc-australia.com/!UploadedMedia/images/KD-AVX1_m.jpg

andis so can they recommended it look ok through the specifications i have read but i not sure never have dealed with jvc

looks a nice headunit got dvd player and can also have video output so more players can be used

let me kno what u guys think

cheers,

J-MuN
05-03-2006, 12:16 PM
There's a thread here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33374&highlight=jvc) already.

My bro's got it in his car. Good unit and if you can get it for a good price its worth it. Only downsides are that it's only a 3inch screen and doesn't play DivX.

The JVC KD-AVX2 is gonna be available soon. It's a 3.5 inch screen that plays DivX and is 5x50 instead of 4x50.

ek4-guy
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
i got a top of the line jvc with pict downloads after 6 months the screen scaterd like a mobile phone does. It was fixed under the 12 month warranty but 2 weeks after the warranty it happend again. The repairer said that thats not right an to ring them an get them to give him clearance to fix it under warranty because it was an exsiting problem. I rang JVC head office at Bondi an explained my delema and how it originally happend after only 6 months. But was told bad luck its not under warranty to witch i replyed well cosidering how the fault happend under warranty if i was to buy a new face after only 12months could i atleast get some sort of discount. To witch their reply was no youd have to pay full price

stanleym
05-03-2006, 09:47 PM
wwent and looked at unit today looks pretty big as in wont fit into a normal single din display hole

can and one verify this fits please

i got dc4 integra

also does anyone know of any other models that have this inbuilt screen withiin it thanks

J-MuN
05-03-2006, 10:42 PM
The KD-AVX1 will fit in your DC4. They do not fit in Toyota's and Subaru's. It is the normal single din size but instead of using the surrounding facia, the unit utilises the entire surround with no surrounding facia.

stanleym
06-03-2006, 07:24 AM
wat u mean by facia sorry

u think u could get a pic of it in ur bro's car jus so i can have a look if so thanks