View Full Version : AMP I NEED AMP

HVtiR
16-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Hey peoplz,

I currently have the following setup

pioneer splits at the front
10inch kinker comp sub
and 6*9 for rear fill.
i used to have just a crappy audioline amp, it was good and did the job, but now i am getting no sound thorugh the amp, there is power, i have rewired everything and still no sound. any ideas??? also wat sort of amp would be a good amp for running my front speakers and the sub???

my audioline was 4*200watts do i need that sort of power, i was bridging 2 channels for the amp, and using 2 channels for the front stage.

anyways i want to know one, wat i could do to fix my problem with my amp, or what is a good amp to purchase, don't really wanna spend to much..

thanks

SIKCVC
16-04-2004, 12:25 PM
yeah thats a good set up... I'm using the same thing and so is my mate in is VR como, sounds great in mine, crappy in his, but tis just temporary till he buys another amp. He has a kenwood 500watt or something, really nice power, puts out 150rms bridged and 55rms through the fronts, which is pretty much your max anyway(same as my mate) there are other options like buying last years stock on higher up brands. Heaps of high market audio shops sell old stock CHEAP!!! like 50% + discounts. I got a 1200 amp for 650-700? Well worth it. Just ring around you'll get one far cheap dude.

fozee
16-04-2004, 01:59 PM
you may have fried some trannies inside the amp...

Did it run hot?

Being a cheap amp its been made of cheap components. Dissconnect it and open it up. If it smells bad, and has a 'brown' smell then you have fried something.
Best bet then would be to replace it unless you know electronics well and fix it youself, maybe even boost her up a bit....

HVtiR
16-04-2004, 02:43 PM
what sort of amp would you guys recommend??? i opened up my amp few days back, dosn't smell at all, checekd everything looks fine, but not sure....... Can't be speakers or fuses, i think best bet is to replace the amp.

also does anyone recommend, buy 2 amps one for sub one for speakers???

is there a big diff in sq with diff amps??? or more so the power u can pump into the speakers??? i mean at low volume or a lil higher is there a huge diff, cause at the moment when i had the amp in, it had great sq and also really good bass if i wanted it.

bigbuddha
16-04-2004, 02:46 PM
i would recommend MTX good bang for ur buck

HVtiR
16-04-2004, 02:51 PM
what price am i looking at for a MTX amp???

SIKCVC
16-04-2004, 04:14 PM
ring up outobarn dandenong... they recent baught an amp off GL prosound(from what i can tell) and GL only wanted like 500 for it, 800.4 or 5 CRAZZY thing STUPID power. Its lightning audio so you know its decent quallity and true power figures. Failing that ring GL pro sound they always have gear going cheap.

euro77
17-04-2004, 01:43 AM
just a 3-channel or 4-channel amp would do fine for your setup.
There are plenty of amps to look at, for cheap & decent amp go with Response, for quality amps go with Audison, Alpine, Rockford, Phoenix Gold, Fusion, Zapco, Soundstream, etc.

Fhrx
17-04-2004, 08:48 AM
The Audison SRx3 is perfectly suited to your application. Run channels 1 and 2 into your front speakers, the third subwoofer channel into your sub. Run the rears off the head unit. :)

HVtiR
17-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Fhrx what sort of price am i looking at for that amp???? where is a good place in melb to purchase amps/???

SIKCVC
17-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Whats your budget and I'll tell you the best place in melbourne to head. also how far you want to go, happy the way it is want up grades etc etc.

HVtiR
17-04-2004, 01:04 PM
I really don't wanna spend that much on an amp, i just wanna run my front splits and my sub, what would u recommend, but not top of the range, i mean i dun plan to change my system any more.

Javed
17-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Response 4 *100 rms amp. Big power, small price and pretty good quality. I used to own one and have since upgraded to RF, and Cadence. For the money these amps are excellent value. IT will give 300 rms to ur sub @ 4 ohm bridged (providing ur subs VC config is suited to this) and 100 rms to a set of splits. Just be careful with the gains to the splits if they arent rated to handle 100 rms and you should be set. Otherwise looking at CAA's for sale classifieds section is a great idea, i got al my stuff from there. Every single bit of it :D (Including this boston pro 12.5 lf subwoofer that just arrived!! :D)

HVtiR
17-04-2004, 02:10 PM
where can i buy one of these response amps?? how much can i expect to pay>>>

euro77
17-04-2004, 09:13 PM
go to www.advanceae.com.au for response amps. you can always pick up a second hand ones from the sale forum at CAA as Javed suggested, which is definitely cheaper.

Fhrx
19-04-2004, 05:23 PM
The SRx3 retails at $697 although we do them cheaper via mail order. :)

Email me. :)