PDA

View Full Version : Looking at buying a '92+ CRX....

DD2
06-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Can anyone explain the differences between the years for the gen3 CRX ?

Were they purely cosmetic, or did Honda add certain mechanical upgrades along the way?

Is it common for the targa tops to leak?

Are there any things in particular to look out for?

Ferrari
06-03-2006, 08:35 AM
97 onwards had electronic boot release, and all black interior, with different material used on the seats. Also came with a factory fitted immobiliser.

My targa doesnt leak unless it is absolutely pouring, and only a little, it depends on the quality of the seals, and how they have been looked after.

Check for wear on the side bolsters, make sure door locks are working, car has power everything so make sure its all in working order. Common problem is the power antenna dies, so check that.

Mine is regularly serviced, and had full honda service history, if you take care of it, its a solid reliable car.

czy_sol87
06-03-2006, 09:22 AM
97+ ??? didnt they stop making the crx in 97?
all aussie delsols have VTEC and manual targa roof, the electric roof crx
are imports and some are non VTEC. their pretty reliable i drive a 92 and theres nothing wrong with mine, except for the occational leak.

Twincam16
06-03-2006, 10:28 AM
1997 and early 1998 Ferrari means...

1997+ Has OBDII pin-ecu as well as factory immobiliser (chipped keys), all black interior... as he said... mine is a 1997 and i get slight leaks if its absolutely shitting down rain... has only happened once and is because the seals start to go on these cars. I always put silicone on them to make sure they do not crack/wear...

Pretty sure of the aussie models, only differences is the 1997 onwards cars... compared to the earlier models...

CRX-Ando
06-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Although you have stated your intention to purchase a Del Sol (Gen III), if you ever change your mind & want the previous model in the Gen II, I have a clean stocko & a boosted VTEC for any interested parties perusing the market...

DD2
06-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys for the advice.... main concern of mine was the roof leaking. Any idea on what it would cost to replace the seals (if at all possible)?

CRX-Ando: As fun as yours would be, i'd much prefer the gen3 for its more modern looks.

CRX-Ando
06-03-2006, 12:03 PM
CRX-Ando: As fun as yours would be, i'd much prefer the gen3 for its more modern looks.
No dramas mate, all the best with your Gen III acquisition ;)

DLO01
06-03-2006, 12:03 PM
main concern of mine was the roof leaking. Any idea on what it would cost to replace the seals (if at all possible)?

Yes it is possible to replace the rubbers that seal the targa roof. Last quote I got by honda to replace the front, 2 sides and rear were over $1k just for the rubbers.:thumbdwn:

*sorry no hijacks thanks bennjamin* lets keep to answering questions :)

bennjamin
06-03-2006, 12:42 PM
come on guys reply only if u can give some insight to ownership or answer questions etc.

PM ECU MAN , as he owns a gen 3 CRX and im sure he knwos alot about them too !

z3lda
06-03-2006, 04:12 PM
odb2 starts from the 96 model. as well as the all black interior, different seat material and immobilizer.

ECU-MAN
06-03-2006, 08:30 PM
odb2 starts from the 96 model. as well as the all black interior, different seat material and immobilizer.

thats right +P for yall

also electric antenna, SRS for the drivers, different rims, kenwood stereo ( changed from alpine ) thats supports the 10 stacker.

the AUDM 96 - 97 ( 98 was just the leftovers ) did not have eletric boot release as mentioned above.

much nicer IMO than than pre 96, 3rd gen are an awome car.