PDA

View Full Version : Adaptronic ECU

jdm16
06-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Just seeing if anyone on here has used Adaptronic parts. In a few months I will be going with the Hondata from Dyno Dave, but a mate is looking at the Adaptronic 420 setup - see www.adaptronic.com.au.

Can any of the ECU guys on the forum give me some info on the product. The feature which sounds the best is the "learning" ability to pick up new modifications without re-tuning as such.

Features
Standard ECU features
"3D" Fuel and Ignition maps (as on any sophisticated aftermarket ECU)
Configurable ignition and injection outputs to suit different applications
Inputs for water temperature, air temperature, auxiliary temperature (eg turbo), manifold air pressure, throttle position, knock sensor, EGO (exhaust gas oxygen)
Outputs for four injector groups - allows full sequential injection on a 4-cylinder, or semi-sequential injection on a 6- or 8- cylinder.
Outputs for two igniter groups - allows for wasted spark systems on 4-cylinder, or conventional distributor systems.
Eight configurable auxiliary outputs - four of which are configurable as high current outputs, three of which are PWM capable.
PC interface
Field upgradeable firmware
Eight configurable auxiliary digital inputs
Datalogging via PC software
Special Features
Adaptive fuel control - with configurable tolerances and loop gains, and conditions under which adaptive behaviour takes place
Narrow-band (factory EGO sensor) closed loop fuel control
High current programmable outputs - allows direct drive of solenoid valves for boost control, air bypass etc
Special function programmable outputs - allows control of anti-pollution purge valves, air conditioners etc
Open-loop and closed loop idle bypass control - allows configuration of increased idle bypass amount based on low battery, electrical load, air conditioner, as well as correction based on RPM
Programmable for different crank angle sensor waveforms

Weq
06-03-2006, 04:09 PM
dont bother.

Auto-tuning is part of alot of EMS systems (including hondata). FUll time learning is hard to perfect though and u should stay away as its not needed imo.

EfiOz
08-03-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm always very suspicious of ECU manufacturers that see the need to post setup files for their ECU's as if they are some mystical work of art.