PDA

View Full Version : Brake Conversion - Eg civic

Sexc86
06-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Hey guys, currently setting up my eg for track but still has all standard piss small brakes. Basically i have a few questions in regarding a Brake Upgrade / Converion

First off wanting to put larger Cross Drilled and Slotted Disks on front
And wanting to put the same size Cross Drilled and Slotted on Rear (changeing from Drum)

For the Front is it simply bolt on new rotor, and use standard caliper and pads? or do these need both need to be upgraded accordingly? if so any suggestions on what to use?

For The Rear what will i need to change to go from Drum to Disk? apart from
the New rotor, Pad and caliper?

cheers guys give me a little bit of feedback and advice

honda_b_blastn
06-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Lol..you should ask me on msn dude.

Pends if you want to retain OEM front parts or aftermarket?

Options for front= EG6/9 front hubs,this will let you run a standard oem system with either EG6/9 rotors and calipers or dc2 type r rotors(drilled to 4x100) and calipers. Or you can use a rotor and caliper off anything and fab up some brackets to adapt the caliper to your hub.

Aftermarket..kits from AEM, AP racing brakes are available.

Rear= drum to disk basic parts..(however most wreckers will sell as assembly)
rear hub
rotor
caliper
parking brake cables

This will let you retian your standard drum suspension arms,but like i said most wreckers will sell you this with the conversion as they cant be bothered taking off the 4 internal star bolts and large nut that hold on the hub to the suspension arm.
once the disks are on,you can once again get a upgrade kit throug AEM or AP racing.