PDA

View Full Version : AEM Plug & Play Programmable EMS..ECU

acz0190
06-03-2006, 09:43 PM
i was told my stock ecu wouldnt be compatible with hondata upgrade :( which dissapointed me and led me to research other ecus. out of the bunch this one really impressed me. its an ecu straight swap with a whole heap of settings to play with and you wouldnt have to get reflashed when getting new mods as it comes with windows software also it come pretuned with basic mapping for ur car. i aint no proffessional in this topic but has anyone have any experience or know someone whos using this ecu?any one know a place that can tune it?
can yous check out the site and let us know what yous think of this product..
http://www.aempower.com/product_ems.asp

Jim80y
06-03-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm using it, a lot of options, very intuitive software. Has options for almost everything e.g. adjustable tuning points according to load and rpm, lots of idle tuning options, engine start options, plenty of ignition and fuel trims, traction control, launch control, data logging, closed loop mode, boost control, nitrous control, nice fast processor, the list goes on. Any competent tuner should be able to tune it, I took mine to Adrian at Toda and I'm very happy with how the car runs. Biggest issue was getting the idle right, but once you know how to set it it'll idle fine, I've got mine on 900rpm, barely fluctuates between +- 15rpm

Slow96GSR
07-03-2006, 08:10 AM
I found setting idle to be easy. All you have to do is calibrate it, mostly set the iacv freq as it whines if it's not set just right. Gets annoying. For Hondata not being compatible I doubt it, you can get conversion harnesses from them or from another company. I had OBD2 and was looking at the Hondata but decided on AEM EMS because of costs. I got my EMS for 1k USD and the Hondata was well over that. I didn't want a conversion harness because I know some just aren't pined right, so I was going to get a new OBD1 ecu til I saw the cost and said screw it! Hondata and the EMS are about the same in programming. The terms are the same and both can do the same stuff, Hondata just charges extra for each little thing where as the AEM EMS comes with everything already there.

BLKCRX
07-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Actually Slow96GSR ACZ0190 ECU is un-compatible with Hondata, he drives a dc5r k20 Integra. There are some major differences between Australia and the USA ECU’s even more so when it comes to later model Honda’s some Australia PRB DC5 Type R K20 ECU’s use a inferior micro processors which aren’t compatible, Honda Australia have no record of this random difference the supper Oki must have pulled a doggy and supplied a random selection of cheaper micro processors. As many Australia DC5 owners known they need to check there main micro processor for the presence of a “Q” to be compatible. Those ECU’s without a Q on the main processor are not compatible with Hondata. The options are as follows replace the micro processor with the correct one, involving expert surface mount soldering skills, and purchasing a very expensive micro processors from Oki, or the cheaper option is sourcing a 2nd hand ECU either a PRC or PRB ECU from Japan or the USA and modifying them to be compatible with Australia wiring and then add hondata on top, leaving the client with 2 ECU’s one standard, one Hondata which they can remove if they ever sell the car.

Hope that clears things up.

Regards James

ProECU
07-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey ACZ

If you get an aftermarket ECU, I'd be interested in purchasing your stocky.

Let me know if something can be worked out.

Cheers