PDA

View Full Version : Insurance...

DD2
07-03-2006, 11:17 AM
New query for everyone..... What sort of money are people paying on insurance in Sydney for their EG's with an engine conversion?? Is it even insurable??

ZeForce
07-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Well Im in Adelaide and I have a 93 civic with an engine swap... Only 2 insurance companies were willing to insure me and one had a minimum age of 19, Im only 18, the other one is 'Just Cars' not sure if they are in Sydney and I have a premium of ~$1200 with a huge excess...

Felix
07-03-2006, 12:02 PM
just cars are aus wide. they will insure anything thats legally roadworthy. They provide fairly cheap yearly premiums, but if your at fault or your car is stolen then the excess is much higher then say NRMA.

DD2
07-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys, just wanted to confirm it were possible to insure before persuing such a car.

I know i wanna Honda (modified eg civic, integra vti-r, gen 3 crx, ek vti-r).... but which of the four i don't know.... decisions decisions!!

Zdster
07-03-2006, 01:20 PM
If you are unsure of the premiums, call up a local insurance company and ask for a quote and go from there. Just let them know that you are thinking of setting up a car with an engine conversion and find out what there policy is.

justrunit
07-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Try famous car insurance

davechung
07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Would the price differ much between an eg and an ek?

marte
07-03-2006, 05:20 PM
correct me if im wrong but i think, it all depends on how long you've had your liscence for, your acident history, state of your car, area u live in, the % of stolen cars that get reported in ur area and other variables. im pretty sure thats how it works in melb & i'd be suprised if it were any differant in syd
just car insurance pretty much insures anything, i beileve its owned by ammi.

Zilli
07-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey fellas

yeh Just Car is underwritten by AAMI, the prices are ok, but i suppose if your under 25 then there arent many that are ready and happy to insure you,expecially if youve got an engine swap...

the only thing i would worry about is if the car gets in an accident, as they operate under AAMI's guidlines, if it isnt driveable it goes to an AAMI centre, and you have to go to AAMI's repairer, which doesnt give you much choice, (unless things have changed) i used to work for AAMI in their willoughby centre, and i know how they repair cars, if you love your car, dont insure with them

GIO allows you to go to whoever you want, my dc2r is with them now, and not just because i work for them now

hehehe

i suppose your restricted with where you CAN insure i suppose

anwyays, hop thiss helps, if theres anyhting i can help you fellas with then it comes to insurance, let me know