PDA

View Full Version : Clutch guyz ??

geo41e
16-04-2004, 07:16 PM
hey there dudes.

I've gota civic si hatch, and wonderingm,
what clutch u guyz use/hopw it performs/how much it cost + labour

thanx again..l need a clutch very soon.coz when i try and change gears real quick..my gears crunch abit..l gotta short shift kit too..

cheeeeers

XXpl0Sive
16-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Are you sure it's the clutch dying?
Does the car stall immediately if you try to start the car in 4th gear?

madgrk
16-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Bye bye synchos :(

geo41e
16-04-2004, 08:45 PM
nah..started in 5th to have fun..but the car didn't move..it did abit

Toby
16-04-2004, 10:38 PM
I dont have an EG but a EB its only 5 year older :)
I got a heavy duty clutch cost: $240 labour: a few hours

vuvu
17-04-2004, 05:08 AM
i doubt the crunching has anything to do with the clutch...
its either ur shifting too fast with the shortshift (bad for synchros) or ur shifting like shit... just make sure that the clutch is in and the gear is in before u let off the clutch..
if you change slow but at say 4000rpm.. then im guessing the synchros for that gear are wearing thin (like my third gear)...

remember.. don't granny shift into third.. double clutch wen you should or else there could be danger to manifold.. the floor mite come off hahaha
sorry just watched Fast n furioius
peace

vuvu
17-04-2004, 05:10 AM
oh yeah .. good clutch to get should be the exedy heavy duty one.. good cheap and costs round 500 for clutch alone
peace

"my car topped out at 140mph... i need nos.. big ones.. 2 of em"
hahaha this movie is sorta lame

geo41e
17-04-2004, 05:40 PM
hey dudes, if anyone here reads this, need to know one thing.

l'm using a heavy duty clutch, and need to replace it. do i just need to buy the clutch and replace it? like brakes, where u jus buy the brake pads?

madgrk
17-04-2004, 05:43 PM
It'd probably be a good idea to machine the flywheel a bit just to even out the surface. If its in good condition you wont have to (obviously), unless you want to lighten it.

lane-o
20-04-2004, 06:35 PM
just did the clutch on my EK hatch. most clutch ppl will say their warrenty won't hold if the flywheel was not machined....but be prepared for a lil more noise on the pick of your clutch if your going h/d....

CRXONE
20-04-2004, 06:53 PM
I am getting my gearbox/clutch done at the moment.

I am getting it done at a place called Manuel Autronics in Thomastown, Vic.

They say a good clutch is a Daiken heavy duty cluth. They believe a brass button cluth is only good for a worked engine and is shit for daily driving. The said the stronger the clutch the more pressure on your gearbox.

Does anyone here know if a lighened flywheel will help with performance?? I wanna go faster. hehe

Mark