PDA

View Full Version : JVC KD-DV6105 Playback Problems

Eclipsor
07-03-2006, 02:25 PM
A few months ago I got one of these headunits. I am using a 2 and a single channel amps to power 4 6" coaxials and a 12" sub. I am using a dvd with about 70 folders of mp3's in it. 95% of the time it plays fine.

However, a couple of times (including just now) it acts as though it is skipping. Playback pauses and keeps going randomly. The dvd dosn't have any scratches and it isn't directly caused by bumps running out the anti skip memory because it still does it once I'm stopped.

The wierd thing is, it only does this for the folders in the later half of the disc. I havn't worked out the exact folder were it starts doing it but the first 15 or so work fine. Then everything is fine when I go to drive next.

This leads me to think maybe it is overheating? Both times it has happened I have just been driving down the freeway for a while with the air con on. The air con may be related, not sure.

I would just take it back under warranty but it is a very intermittent problem and no doubt it wouldn't do it when I take it in. Any ideas about what the problem may be or ways to try and diagnose would be appreciated.

Slow96GSR
07-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Have it cleaned. Does it do this on any disc?

matt
07-03-2006, 03:01 PM
have you tried burning another compilation to see if perhaps its just a bad burn.
i have an alpine deck that plays fine on normal cd's and mp3 but i have found a couple of times that mp3 playback does skip sometimes.
i burnt another copy of the mp3 compilation and i worked fine.
i would try that and also try some genuine discs and see if you can isolate the problem a bit more, this will also make it easier for a warranty claim. :)

Eclipsor
07-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks for suggestions guys. I just took it out again, about an hour and a half since I got home before, and it started doing it after about 5 minutes. I tried a commercial cd and a burnt mp3 cd with 9 folders. Both of these worked fine. I'll get to work on another dvd compilation and see how that goes. Probably won't be able to tell if it has worked for a while since I'm busy for the rest of the arvo.

destrukshn
08-03-2006, 08:00 PM
it happens to my one as well.
shit cd's.
that's what i reckon
when i use good quality cd-r's they work fine
use cheap ones and find problems everywhere.

Eclipsor
08-03-2006, 10:08 PM
A bad disc dosn't really explain the fact that it is fine for weeks. Then it will do it and keep doing it if I go for another drive soon after. However, then it's fine the next day.