PDA

View Full Version : RSM-GP Installed

EuroAccord13
16-04-2004, 09:08 PM
I got the RSM installed today... mmmm...

The wiring diagram that most if not all the Honda Dealer use.. that so called 800 dollar book. Thanks to the generous help from XXXX XXXXX Honda who kindly lent us the book :) But... The BOOK was wrong :o

Bottomline is, If you have a manual euro, refer to the diagram for the auto one. If you have an auto euro, don't even refer to the book :P .. We had to test each wire in the end..

Anyway.. The RSM is working fine now :D Will post pics up tomorrow because I have yet to decide on the mounting position.

CHEERS
Nick

wynode
16-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Sweeet......look forward to some pics :)

A'PEXi
17-04-2004, 02:23 AM
picz0r

toE
17-04-2004, 03:25 AM
schweet!!

EuroAccord13
17-04-2004, 06:06 AM
I took the car out for a speed run... boy it was fun until I realised that the car in front looked suspicious and I braked...

Here is the end result :P

I did not photoshop this.. Ask any pro.. all original... :D

http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/EuroRedLineAndSpeedRun.jpg

madgrk
17-04-2004, 08:56 AM
lol @ 11995 rpm :D

Must be driving a rotary in there :P

yfin
17-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Wow - And you didn't even hit vtec 2 at 12,000rpm!

A'PEXi
17-04-2004, 01:15 PM
lol u crazy bastard :D

Usual Suspect
17-04-2004, 01:36 PM
how much does one of those things cost, my mate is maybe looking for one.

Calvo
17-04-2004, 01:54 PM
wtf... 11,995 RPM??
wat does the Euro rev out too?

toE
17-04-2004, 02:08 PM
wtf... 11,995 RPM??
wat does the Euro rev out too?

my thoughts exactly

Creative
17-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Looking pretty good....I want one of these myself...just finding the cash for it is proving to be a PITA :D
hehehehe

coladuna
17-04-2004, 04:18 PM
and what's the point of getting this?
It doesn't tell you anything you can't read off your intrument cluster.
Speed, RPM and voltage.
Enlighten me if there is some purpose of getting this which I don't know yet, but at the moment it looks like a waste of money to me

Spoon-Accord
17-04-2004, 04:20 PM
good stuff..
i used to have one.. to me its" Rice Rice Baby"

Ken

Creative
17-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Apexi RSM-GP Rev/Speed Meter. Like the original, the new Rev/Speed Meter GP is a complete multi function measuring device designed to measure and monitor data such as vehicle speed, engine RPM, and elapsed times. However, the strength of the new unit lies in its differences. The most obvious is its completely redesigned look. This new aesthetically pleasing model was crafted to match the likes of other highly popular A’PEX electronics such as the V-AFC (VTEC Controller) and the AVC-R (Boost Controller). The new screen utilizes the easy to read VFG (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) with built in light sensor used in many of A’PEX’s line up.
The new unit also delivers a host of new functions. Standard features include: Engine RPM, Vehicle Speed, Travel Distance, and Battery Voltage (All which can be displayed in real time graph mode, numerical mode, or analogue mode; 1-4 channels at a time), Peak Hold, Replay (With 60 second playback), Speed Limiter Cut, 0-100m, 200m, 400m times with trap speed, 0-100km/h, 200km/h, 300km/h – 0 times, user defined Mid Range Acceleration, Stop Watch functions, Best Time Memory, RPM Warning, Speed Warning, RPM and Speed Outputs (For external devices requiring an RPM or speed signal), Tire Size Correction (For acceleration and timing accuracy). And Vehicle weight input.

One of the most exiting of the new features is the option to utilize the revolutionary A’PEX G-Sensor (Sold Separately). The G-Sensor allows the unit to measure G forces in 4-way front/rear/left/right directions. This data can be plotted in a graph display to map acceleration characteristics and lateral G’s on the race track, or used the an array of new features including : Highly accurate 100m/200m/400m times with trap speed and wheel-spin correction, Horse Power Calculation, and Loss Power Calculation. By taking advantage of the optional G-Sensor, the user can produce extremely accurate acceleration measurements. Usually, when measuring acceleration times using the speed sensor signal alone, the meter will end measurement too early (shorter distance) due to wheel-spin. Using the G-Sensor modifies the speed sensor signal, compensating for wheel-spin and producing impeccably accurate acceleration times.

Some like it, some dont....its perso choice...but it certainly does more than those 3 things you mentioned :)

euro77
17-04-2004, 08:18 PM
11,995 rpm? what kind of engine is that? the standard euro cut out was around 7,300 if I'm not mistaken.

Btw, how much does this thing costs? and what does it mean by VTEC Controller? does it control when the engine hit VTEC?

A'PEXi
17-04-2004, 10:30 PM
lol show me how you measure front and rear wheel acceleration with your standard cluster :P

coladuna
18-04-2004, 02:08 AM
I see now what it does.
From the pic, it seems like it has limited functions.
Personally, I'd rather spend the money on something more practical and useful. But no offense intended. :D

EuroAccord13
18-04-2004, 02:15 AM
Speed, RPM and voltage.
Enlighten me if there is some purpose of getting this which I don't know yet, but at the moment it looks like a waste of money to me

It is a waste of money for 500 bucks.. It's the RICE Factor :D :D :D

I needed that to complement the new VAFC anyway.. :D

I met up with yfin today and showed him my times for the 0-100km/h and the 1/4 mile..

Can't remember the times but it was recorded but I remembered 0-100kmh in 7.78seconds with passenger and camera gear and lots of junk food heeheeheeheehee.. :D

1/4 mile was mid 15 something...

CHEERS
Nick

yfin
18-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Speed, RPM and voltage.

It is a waste of money for 500 bucks.. It's the RICE Factor :D :D :D

I needed that to complement the new VAFC anyway.. :D

I met up with yfin today and showed him my times for the 0-100km/h and the 1/4 mile..

Can't remember the times but it was recorded but I remembered 0-100kmh in 7.78seconds with passenger and camera gear and lots of junk food heeheeheeheehee.. :D

1/4 mile was mid 15 something...

CHEERS
Nick

Gday Nick

Your K&N intake is awesome! I liked the RSM - it is not just for recording 0-100 times - it also has some cool features like speed reminders when you hit preset speed limits, etc.

Here is a prediction for you - with no further modifications to your Euro you will get 7.3 seconds to 100kmh (no passenger). Remember - Your engine only has 3800 ks on the clock!

I think there is heaps of improvement coming your way when your car has 10,000+ks on the odo. I think you also said that the 7.78 was running very high tyre pressure.

Cheers
yfin

revolution
18-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Damm, you bought it for $500? Did it come with a G-sensor?

Calvo
19-04-2004, 12:17 AM
*ahem* anyone gonna answer the crazy RPM reading question??

EuroAccord13
19-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Damm, you bought it for $500? Did it come with a G-sensor?

Yes it came with the G Sensor... :)

*ahem* anyone gonna answer the crazy RPM reading question??

Ok... Enough of my humour heeheehee... I have a confession to make :P

Only Yfin knows but I guess it's time to bury the plot :D

The 194km/h and the 14.4V reading was real, tested on Friday night at a secret location.

The RPM However... heehee like a few of you all have known.. the Euro cuts out at 7200 or 7400RPM.. The RSM does Speed cuts but not Engine cuts.. How did I managed to get 5RPM away from the magical 12000RPM? Easy.. Recalibrate the pulse on the RSM to read wrongly...
I can even do it to the Speed...

Here is an example of how to make the RSM read wrongly...check out my new top speed

http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/RSMCalibrate.jpg

Sorry to kid out you guys... Just thought a bit of fun won't do anything wrong :D

CHEERS
Nick

eknine
19-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Speed, RPM and voltage.

:thumbsup: :D

but unless there is a beast under the hood unleashing the power beyond what the cluster can read, all i can say - bling bling :P

Creative
19-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Pretty nifty that it has the auto correction, calibration settings :)

Is it THAT BIG A DEAL to get the G sensor? Looking at the detauils of it, I get the impression it more for track work?

Good to see youe njoying it EuroAccord13 :nod:

Calvo
19-04-2004, 12:23 PM
haha EuroAccord13 :D

yfin
19-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Hey - I was in on the fake revs at "12,000rpm" - but I didn't know the 194kp/h was real! :P Geez - Nick you are one crazy dude! hehe

That said - I shouldn't assume it was illegal. Maybe you recorded it at a track and not on a public road... Or maybe you drove to Northern Territory to do it :)

All these possibilities ....