PDA

View Full Version : Test Drove a Jazz Today.

yourfather
07-03-2006, 07:10 PM
So, the mini-wife and I went out to lunch, and after doing a bit of shopping and stuff, she didn't have any more ideas on what to do. See, she organised what we were going to do.

I put my arm around her and said, well, let's go drive a Jazz. (She's looking for a new car pretty soon - and I've showed her photo's of Kevin's car, and she has seen it around a bit too :) )

Anyway, as I was driving the VTi Manual, I noticed three main things.

1) The clutch was so light
2) The gearbox felt pretty non-existant
3) The gauge cluster lights up.

But, apart from that, we were pleasantly surprised by the folding rear seats, and the luggage screen thing.

I don't know about the gearbox and clutch though. Is that normal.

I mean, when I got into my DC2 to drive off, my clutch felt really heavy. And my power steering was light.

Anyway, long story short.

What benefits do you think that a Jazz has compared to other small cars in this section. I'm trying to convince the girl that it's what she needs.

T-onedc2
07-03-2006, 07:16 PM
I've only spent a couple days in one and love the practicality and space when the rear seats are folded every which way. They look more stylish than the competition IMO, but that's as far as my experience takes me. :thumbsup:

hare
07-03-2006, 08:16 PM
no offence,but I think you can't compare your VTiR with the jazz,two of those three thing you notice between your VTiR and the jazz I feel when I drive a JDM DC2R when I just off my EVO.

1) The clutch was so light
2) The gearbox felt pretty non-existant
3) The Recaro is tighter than EVO

compare the Jazz and other small car such as ECHO,the interior space of the jazz is much bigger,also the car is comfortable to be a daily car as well.

sassy_fit_vtit
07-03-2006, 11:33 PM
.. everyone says the clutch is light. most of my friends which take my car out for the first time stall it. but its nice that its light, took a while to get used to it tho. i hate feeling constipated while trying to push in a heavy duty.. lol

when my fiance test drove our car before we bought it he fell i love the jazz. the steering is soo light.. i love the hook behind the passenger seat.. only car that i have something to hang my hand bag off or put soupy takeaway without spilling it in the car

hare
07-03-2006, 11:45 PM
try manual bettle or storia,you will be suprise there is some car can even lighter than your jazz. :D

yourfather
07-03-2006, 11:46 PM
i've driven a daihatsu copen, and even then the clutch in that wasn't as light.

is it a trend these days to have light clutches?

STTICH
08-03-2006, 12:05 AM
yea tats common thingy for a jazz. steering wheels' a little heavier than wat would b expected in such a light car, clutch's extremely light..and gear box is light too wth a long shift.

wats the benefit? ........ alot of space! :)

I put my arm around her and said, well, let's go drive a Jazz. (She's looking for a new car pretty soon - and I've showed her photo's of Kevin's car, and she has seen it around a bit too :) )

u show her my car?...better not screw up ur 'buying a jazz' plan hehe... she likes? :p

yourfather
08-03-2006, 12:19 AM
yeah man she likes! but she says that only asians drive them.

I keep trying to convince her that not all asians drive hondas.

haha... whenever im in the car and I see you... i point it out. you're always going the other direction though...

i suppose you've not seen my DC2.

Pogi
08-03-2006, 01:16 AM
yeah man she likes! but she says that only asians drive them.

I keep trying to convince her that not all asians drive hondas.
Lolz. Depends in your area I guess. I notice more white folk with Jazzes/Fits than Asian folk here.

yourfather
08-03-2006, 01:34 AM
area i live in has a few asians anyway

Glen Waverley and Springvale not too far away.

not that theres anything wrong with that

air23box
08-03-2006, 02:01 AM
ITs normal the clutch is light coz it make the car easy to drive.....especially you are buying a small car.....its a great car with lot of stuff you can mod on......you can go either engine parts or just the "LOOK"......can make it a really ricey car or a cutie one....you can't compare ur DC2 with the Little jazz.....they are in different class bro......When I jump off my DC5R and drive my wife's Jazz......just feel like a toy car....but comfortable and relax to drive it compare the R......Where about do you live bro.......We live in Glen area.....if you manage to see a Red Jazz with Fit badge on and rear deco....or a blue DC5R with mugen front bar and mugen CF bonnet...thats me.....

air23box
08-03-2006, 02:03 AM
BTW...which dealer you go to ....I used to work in Eastern honda....and Robert Lane.....also know the guy in Garry Warran Smith.......may hook you up with some good deal.......let me know if you need help....cheers....

yourfather
08-03-2006, 09:05 AM
well, i went to Eastern honda. and ~ act in Vermont South.

magii
08-03-2006, 10:44 AM
i love the hook behind the passenger seat.. only car that i have something to hang my hand bag off or put soupy takeaway without spilling it in the car
so is that what the hook is for? haha i had no idea what it does, everytime a friend sits in my car first thing they ask is "whats this hook for?" lol

spoon fit
08-03-2006, 12:33 PM
well, i went to Eastern honda. and ~ act in Vermont South.

Eastern honda:thumbdwn:

yourfather
08-03-2006, 01:08 PM
lol it was on the way home from the city. :)

They arent too bad. Nice showroom at least.

I liked the Euro Sports. That's after I've finished my studies and get a real job. !!!

spoon fit
08-03-2006, 01:58 PM

I liked the Euro Sports. That's after I've finished my studies and get a real job. !!!

the service department

KingRichard
08-03-2006, 02:00 PM

What is it with "lots of asian drove JAZZ" ??? I believe its a car that many will drove off.. especially once they hit the US market. Its even got two thumbs up from TopGear BBC in UK.

Anyway apart from that, Honda Jazz have better and bigger space than most of the competitor (Yaris, Echo, Swift) and in my opinion its very User Friendly especially the CVT 7speed automatic. So if you are getting the car for your wife then grab that option instead the manual tranny. Other + point of the car, there are a lot of option that you can put into the car. So its more fun!!
Futhermore the car is comfortable for daily usage but still have enough power to kick some but in the street. Its compact size can easily give you a better chances in getting a parking spot and more flexible in getting around in the city.

Hemmm I guess that should be my review about the car. Have a good day mate..

yourfather
08-03-2006, 03:13 PM
oh yeah the service department are quite rude.

I heard of them saying once...

"Look at this ricer" "haha, check him out" on some guy that wanted some parts. I stopped going there. I drive like an hour to see panda[CRX] now.

spoon fit
08-03-2006, 04:28 PM
yes, those mother fuxker..

Catcha
08-03-2006, 04:35 PM
yourfather:

Is your wife asian ?

what other options have you looked at besides a honda ?
Maybe check out the new civics the look pretty smick and are hovering around the same price range depending on what it is.

But Jazz is great reliable, great on fuel handles very well for a small car, has a bit of go in manual. Easy to park easy to drive. Stylish, magic seats are good for those occasions that you need extra space *note* civic don't offer much flexability in room.

08ESE
08-03-2006, 06:44 PM
only 1 other car worth looking at is the swift, but its seat configuration sux ass compared to a jazz..

Catcha
08-03-2006, 06:49 PM
only 1 other car worth looking at is the swift, but its seat configuration sux ass compared to a jazz..

yeah it is a cute little car, driven my mates when he first got it. compared to my jazz,

Con:
Gearbox is more notchy, not as smooth as Jazz. (Could be due to being new)
Pedal configuration is seems a bit close together, and accelerator pedal has a diffeerent feel. personally don't like it.
More noisy and harsher engine noise within the cabin.

Pros:
Stylish
Better handling in some minor ways like cornering
more updated interior
price

yourfather
08-03-2006, 07:31 PM
yourfather:

Is your wife asian ?

what other options have you looked at besides a honda ?

She's a whitey.

UHM ~ she likes the Toyota Corolla.
Mazda 3.

Doesn't like Australian cars very much.

She likes the Volkswagen Golf and Polo.

I don't know much about the euro small cars, and the Aussie small cars, like Holden Astra, Ford Focus, etc. she thinks are extremely ugly.

Catcha
08-03-2006, 08:03 PM
She's a whitey.

UHM ~ she likes the Toyota Corolla.
Mazda 3.

Doesn't like Australian cars very much.

She likes the Volkswagen Golf and Polo.

I don't know much about the euro small cars, and the Aussie small cars, like Holden Astra, Ford Focus, etc. she thinks are extremely ugly.

Volkswagen Golf GTI hahahh get that. Mazda 3 yeah MPS version of that just came out...........Mazdas are very stylish cars :D

yourfather
08-03-2006, 08:04 PM
REALLY dont want to spend that kind of money.

Golf GTi is in the Euro price range!

magii
08-03-2006, 08:05 PM
oh yeah the service department are quite rude.

I heard of them saying once...

"Look at this ricer" "haha, check him out" on some guy that wanted some parts. I stopped going there. I drive like an hour to see panda[CRX] now.
they are bastards who like to rip young people off too, I once got charged $110 just for them to take a look at my door, took them like 1hr to examine my door and they didnt even fix the problem but still charged me that much, bastards

kenshin
08-03-2006, 08:08 PM
tofu clutches

yourfather
08-03-2006, 08:14 PM
... why is it a tofu clutch.

air23box
09-03-2006, 12:54 AM
the service department is pretty bad ....I agree.....but the new car sales are good though.....coz we dun like them either.......

08ESE
15-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Volkswagen Golf GTI hahahh get that. Mazda 3 yeah MPS version of that just came out...........Mazdas are very stylish cars :D

Mazda mp3 mps is not out yet, only a show car so far.

MiSloVic
15-03-2006, 04:24 PM

well, depending on ur build the swift, can be a bit small. i can't get into its driver seat comfortable. and when i did, the rear cant seat another person.. jazz can easily accomodate 2 of me.

only problem with jazz is its suspension, which can be bouncy over bad roads.