PDA

View Full Version : EG Stock grill.

Paul1985
07-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey,
Anyone know which model/year EG Hatch's came with the "black" grill on the front rather than the white one?

Im pretty sure all 95's had the white.
Just after some info on this, i want one with the black.. looks so much nicer IMO.

bennjamin
07-03-2006, 09:09 PM
there isnt a grill. All eg hatches came with the inner part of the bumper either coloured to the actualy bumper colour or black. You can DIY paint it quite easily

Paul1985
07-03-2006, 09:25 PM
thats the part i mean.. the middle part of the bumper.. the black ones looked better.. I think they would look better than one of the white ones painted. They look like they have slight differrences. Have you seen one that was originally white which has been painted?

Id like to see how it looks compared to the ones that came with black standard.

Paul1985
07-03-2006, 09:27 PM
sorry, by white i mean the same colour as whatever colour your EG is.. i didnt mean to say just white, im looking at white cars and just didnt think lol.

bennjamin
07-03-2006, 09:27 PM
only differences ive seen where from cars that have been accident repaired ( IE most EG hatches) - where they didnt bother painting the bumper properly.

Captiva_Blue
07-03-2006, 10:40 PM
None of the EG civic models ever came with the centre (radiator) grill in body colour, they were all black. Models from 91-93 also had blacked out openings for the OEM driving lights and models from 93-95 came with these parts in body colour. The only reason why the centre grill will be body colour is if the car has had its bumper repainted and the owner hasn't bothered forking out the cash for respraying the grill black..

Paul1985
08-03-2006, 08:07 PM
this is what i was after guys:
The red is the one i like, the white is what im talking about.
So, with the white, it would have been originally black, but has been resprayed.. most likely because of a crash you reckon?

http://images.carsales.com.au/private/1120274.jpg

http://images.carsales.com.au/private/1070099.jpg

Another quick question whilst on these bumpers. Where JDM foglights are installed, is it simple to cut that part of the bumper out to fit them? Anyone done this?

Jord
08-03-2006, 08:09 PM
isnt it part of the bumper? not 100% sure but sure looks like it.

Paul1985
08-03-2006, 08:12 PM
i think some do come stock like the white one (colour matched to bumper).
t reckon it will look just as good painted black though.. my EG sedan's is white, i might have a closer look at it when i get a chance..

NeRV
08-03-2006, 08:23 PM
this is interesting... after reading this... i was looking on carsales... some 95 models had the middle section painted (colour coded) with the bumper... while others were just black... maybe it was an option?...

i thought captiva_blue's post was correct... but some 93 - 95 models had the black sides... where the foglights go... so does that mean they had an accident and got another front bumper? or it was just an option? cause i have a 94 and the two sides a colour coded... but i much prefer them to be black... and yeah paul... the black bits look hawt... much better then colour coded :D