PDA

View Full Version : Honda Beginner

szmidi
08-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi OzHonda,

I'm looking at buying a 90-91 Honda CRX, I've got my finances in order and I am now starting to look. I want to make a mean NA car and have chosen the CRX for its looks and weight. Basically I want to know if I should tune the existing engine or go straight for a swap? Also will I pull enough power without a turbo to give most clowns in their commodores a whoopin?

And if anyone out there is selling a CRX for cheap that has crap all done to it and is in a state of disrepair, or knows of a Honda wreckers that might have something screwed mechanically but not bodywise, I am a keen purchaser.

heist
08-03-2006, 01:14 PM
depends on whether u get a audm crx or a jdm one.....get the jdm SiR..already got a b16a so u woulnt have to swap ur enginme....

Menzy
08-03-2006, 01:15 PM
hmm if you get it with a b16 engin then ... you could be giving commodores a hard time
my mate has a crx 95 model with I/H/E and he was beating supra (non-turbo)
but if your going for full drag car, then do a H22 swap and have fun there :p

SINISTR
08-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Where are you located at a start?

There is always lots of CRXs for sale at autotrader.com.au or try www.crxaus.com as there is a few there too.

defect
08-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Look for a shell and dump a b18c in it :]

szmidi
08-03-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm in North QLD, Townsville. So I think I'm gonna have a hard time chasing down a CRX in any shape or form. I've looked at most Australian used car sites and all CRX's seem to be modified already and I'm lookin to start from scratch.

szmidi
08-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Is there much difference in the AUDM and the JDM other than the engine, like suspension, drivetrain, etc. If I am going to replace the engine would it be worth being picky and getting a JDM.

SINISTR
08-03-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm in North QLD, Townsville. So I think I'm gonna have a hard time chasing down a CRX in any shape or form. I've looked at most Australian used car sites and all CRX's seem to be modified already and I'm lookin to start from scratch.

i understand where you're comming from but have to say - small modifications like air filter, or mags, springs and exhaust are minor enough that you can still buy the car and make the mods you want. Alot of them have 'just' those mods and I think would suit your idea of a project car.

:thumbsup:

Mr. Focus
08-03-2006, 03:53 PM
check CRXAUS...theres one goin for sale up there atm! if not...i may have one for sale soon (im in briz and mines fairly modded tho)

C_I_V_I_C
08-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi OzHonda,

I'm looking at buying a 90-91 Honda CRX, I've got my finances in order and I am now starting to look. I want to make a mean NA car and have chosen the CRX for its looks and weight. Basically I want to know if I should tune the existing engine or go straight for a swap? Also will I pull enough power without a turbo to give most clowns in their commodores a whoopin?

And if anyone out there is selling a CRX for cheap that has crap all done to it and is in a state of disrepair, or knows of a Honda wreckers that might have something screwed mechanically but not bodywise, I am a keen purchaser.

if you get the 91 crx with a B16a and tuned it right with out going turbo you should be able to take on the clowns in the commodores

Disco-d
08-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey buddy, heres one for ya! Its awesome! one of the better CRX's out ther...more clean and sharp!.....

http://www.crxaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177

del501
12-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Heya szmidi, are you still interested in buyin an gen3 crx????

Snoop_gee
12-03-2006, 07:54 PM
around the 10+g mark for a CRX with b16a VTEC
if you want a good platform for power buy urself an import CRX.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2915938&current_rec=14&used_rec=0&total_rec=16&sort_type=&total_rec=16&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_id=344&state_id=4&search_distance=25

and its not too difficult to dial in and unlock more power from the b16a engine.

Upgrade a few little things and it most certainly will have a sharp bite in terms of accelerations.

:cool:

Dylanamus
13-03-2006, 02:03 PM
If it's a '90 SiR then it is a b16a 160hp not a b16a1 170hp - unless it's an engine swap lol Don't think so. SiRs are the way to go!

j3z3z
15-03-2006, 11:27 AM
If it's a '90 SiR then it is a b16a 160hp not a b16a1 170hp - unless it's an engine swap lol Don't think so. SiRs are the way to go!

the b16a delivered to the euro countries in the CRX VT is 150hp. the b16a1 and a2 in the CRX SiRs and delsols are 160hp, the a1 with a cable clutch and the a2 with a hydro clutch. Then the B16b out of the Civic type R is 170hp

phantom_civic
15-03-2006, 01:44 PM
They are a light weight base car so pretty much the b16a hauls ass already unless u really wanna dump a b18c into it.
V6 commodores r easy 2 beat but v8s = game over for the b16a.
Lil mods such as I/H/E as mentioned b4 will make it breathe better in terms of response but these lil babies are meant for corners as they handle very well with good suspension setup.