PDA

View Full Version : 1000kms Service for 06 Civic

DUST
08-03-2006, 09:46 PM
My bro already done 1000kms on the new civic and i just want to know what will honda be doing to the car when they service it? eg. Oil change?

I read the log book and what they are gonna do with it, there is no oil change or anything that got to do with changing fluids or some sort in the car, it just look like a bunch of inspections, eg. checking if the dashboards is working. So my bro booked it in and they say it will take a most of the day to inspect the car? What a load of crap, i know they will take it for a test drive when they have their lunch breaks. My cousin is a mechanic apprentice and he works in hyundai and he tells me that they don't do crap all in the 1000kms service.

Not only that they will do nothing to the car for the most of the day, my bro has to pay a fee of $56 for the service? wtf? i thought first service are free? It explains why it is free since they will do crap all in the service!

Well if anyone here have service their new civics or works at honda please fill me in your experience, it will be much appreciated thanks. :thumbsup:

del501
08-03-2006, 10:05 PM
ur engine is ment to be run in by then, so u bring it bak for them to tighten up ur engine, if u cant afford or dont wanna fork up $57 bucks just drive on dude like ur cousin said they dont do crap all.

ECU-MAN
08-03-2006, 10:08 PM
labour is free, you pay for the oil and filter,

I have seen cars from people with your attitude, the crank will last 30 000km before it snaps,

if you want your honda to live, and have a good future, change the oil at the 1st 1000km, then min every 10000kms, if you drive it hard then every 5k.

mechanics have better things to do than thrash a civic in their lunch breaks.

this is what will happen if you miss services regularly and abuse your engine

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/temp/F22A9-Sludge-2.jpg

booyeah

DUST
08-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Oh ok i get where u guys are coming from, i service my car myself with my cousin and i know what are the consequences when u don't look after it, im no noobie in this department.

It sounds like i offended u guys? u guys must be mechanics? well sorry about that. Its true there is many dodgy mechanics out there, i have had many experiences and i don't like dealing with them. eg. 1 time this mechanic thought i was a noob and try to charge me $800 for changing my timing belt. Thats why i learn how to service my own car.

I will tell my bro to just go to honda and pay the fees for the first 1000kms, but in the log book it doesn't say anything about an oil change... Plus Dealership people tends to talk alot of shit and i can not stress how much i don't trust them.

ECU-MAN
08-03-2006, 10:36 PM
its cool,

I have seen and heard thing from small shops to dealerships, at the end of the day a dealership will be more expensive, but dodgey people are evereywhere, doesnt matter if its in a dealership or corner workshop. ( they see you coming ).
most dealerships are ok.

just a little info for you.

you worried about what they will do to the car when you take it to them,

think of it this way, they had it before your bro did, and they would of sticked it then. You car can handle a small strap from a mechanic, that wont hurt your car.

I much rather a mechanic drive the pants off my car in a road test rather than granny drive it. this is the only way to see if its working ok, as its ment to or if ot has a problem just before redline at WOT.

del501
08-03-2006, 10:42 PM
im a noob too bro dont you worry, but if u can get a service at honda for under $100 get it done :P