PDA

View Full Version : alternator swap -_-"

chingaling
08-03-2006, 11:51 PM
few days ago.. my alternator wasn't charging so me and darrel wen tto honda rec and got a 2nd hand one .. and put it in.. anyway .. i've been charging the battery for over 7 hours now.. and the car would charge .. it starts.. but it will switch off itself after turned on a few secnd unless i accererate it . :( :zip: :confused: need help its a 89 ED

ECU-MAN
09-03-2006, 10:17 PM
could be

carby problems
EACV problems
Ignition problems
ignition switch problems

check the ecu for codes.

chingaling
10-03-2006, 12:03 AM
could be

carby problems
EACV problems
Ignition problems
ignition switch problems

check the ecu for codes.
ECU??? how ?? lol please help me bro

Slow96GSR
10-03-2006, 05:01 AM
^^^ Fried? Check the newer alt. I bet it's fried or a connection is bad. Make sure it has ground (doubt it doesn't) and make sure you put the lead to the battery back on tight.

chingaling
10-03-2006, 05:33 AM
^^^ Fried? Check the newer alt. I bet it's fried or a connection is bad. Make sure it has ground (doubt it doesn't) and make sure you put the lead to the batter back on tight.
but i can still drive the car thoe.... but when i wait for the lights or about to totally stop it will turns off it selfs -_-

Slow96GSR
10-03-2006, 07:13 AM
I still bet it's a connection, the battery will keep the ignition system going for a few miles, or longer depending on the battery, but once the car is running it gets all its power from the alternator. The alternator isn't always putting out full power either, when it sees the battery voltage going down it turns on and puts out the full charge. I have a bad connection between my alternator and the battery in my old car and it caused the same problem you are having. It died when stopped but there was enough current to jump the poor connection and charge the battery above 2k rpm.

chingaling
10-03-2006, 06:31 PM
I still bet it's a connection, the battery will keep the ignition system going for a few miles, or longer depending on the battery, but once the car is running it gets all its power from the alternator. The alternator isn't always putting out full power either, when it sees the battery voltage going down it turns on and puts out the full charge. I have a bad connection between my alternator and the battery in my old car and it caused the same problem you are having. It died when stopped but there was enough current to jump the poor connection and charge the battery above 2k rpm.
yeh bro thats the one im talking about my brother lol thanks :D i will get it fix this weekend -_-" but im missing out the Brissy honda cruise FARK :confused: but thanks