PDA

View Full Version : 6x9 that can handle a mono block

fusionprelude
09-03-2006, 09:31 AM
does ne 1 kno of ne 6x9s that can handle a fusion fp1000 mono amp??? if so wot brand and power handlings and how long the continous handling is.

TRU32U
09-03-2006, 10:03 AM
its not gonna sound good, monos are only produce mono sound normal amps produce stereo so wont sound good first of all so i wouldnt do it.

J-MuN
09-03-2006, 11:30 AM
A monoblock run's at 2 Ohms. Car Audio speakers are generally all 4 Ohms. Majority of the time, you use a monoblock only to run 2 Subwoofers or a Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer.

tranhq
09-03-2006, 12:40 PM
A monoblock run's at 2 Ohms. Car Audio speakers are generally all 4 Ohms. Majority of the time, you use a monoblock only to run 2 Subwoofers or a Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer.

stop feeding him with misconcieving information

i dont know anyone who has ever tried to use a monoblock to power 6x9's
i dont know what you're trying to achieve from running them by 6x9's

fusionprelude
09-03-2006, 02:03 PM
i was just thinkin if where were ne that would run with my sub. would i be better off gettin two 2 channel fp1402 fusion and bridging them or just one

south
09-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Are u looking to run your 6x9s off the same amp as your sub? First of all what sub is it and what is its actual rms? I have a 4 channel amp which runs my splits and the last 2 channels of that amp is bridged to run my sub. If you were looking to run your 6x9s and your sub off the one amp i would reccomend getting a regular 4 channel amp and doing the same, however this is provided that you arent running a sub with over 300rms, cause then you would probably want a seperate amp if not monoblock amp for the sub itself. Can you be a little more descriptive about what you are trying to achieve with your system, then we can help you better.

Fhrx
09-03-2006, 03:46 PM
You can run a subwoofer off a mono-block easily. You can run 6x9s off a monoblock easily too (although you will lose the stereo effect because of the one channel). Levels are set with the gain no matter what you have connected to the amplifier.

Now you theoretically could run both a sub and 6x9s off a mono-block but it would be a terrible hassle to set up. You would have to highpass the 6x9s with a cap, lowpass the sub with a coil and build L-pads to bleed of power to the 6x9s because the sub would require much more power. This would lead to a lot of heat which is not too good for anybody.

If you're looking at running two 6x9s and a subwoofer then look at something like the Audison SRx3 which is developed for this exact situation.;)

Fhrx
09-03-2006, 03:47 PM

Sorry J-Mun, you're a champion and we get on well but that statement is simply a load of bollocks champ. :(

fusionprelude
10-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Are u looking to run your 6x9s off the same amp as your sub? First of all what sub is it and what is its actual rms? I have a 4 channel amp which runs my splits and the last 2 channels of that amp is bridged to run my sub. If you were looking to run your 6x9s and your sub off the one amp i would reccomend getting a regular 4 channel amp and doing the same, however this is provided that you arent running a sub with over 300rms, cause then you would probably want a seperate amp if not monoblock amp for the sub itself. Can you be a little more descriptive about what you are trying to achieve with your system, then we can help you better.

I have got a fusion powerplant 12" 900 watt sub,kicker splits, kicker 350.4 amp that i had stated at 404 watts rms output per channel. I was thinking of getting two fusion FJL692

fusionprelude
10-03-2006, 08:31 AM
You can run a subwoofer off a mono-block easily. You can run 6x9s off a monoblock easily too (although you will lose the stereo effect because of the one channel). Levels are set with the gain no matter what you have connected to the amplifier.

Now you theoretically could run both a sub and 6x9s off a mono-block but it would be a terrible hassle to set up. You would have to highpass the 6x9s with a cap, lowpass the sub with a coil and build L-pads to bleed of power to the 6x9s because the sub would require much more power. This would lead to a lot of heat which is not too good for anybody.

If you're looking at running two 6x9s and a subwoofer then look at something like the Audison SRx3 which is developed for this exact situation.;)

with the stereo effect it makes my jvc 6x9 3 ways squeak. when i used my friends mono amp it made them put out a nice sound but when i turned it up my speakers started to make bass out of the tweeters

Fhrx
10-03-2006, 05:41 PM
with the stereo effect it makes my jvc 6x9 3 ways squeak. when i used my friends mono amp it made them put out a nice sound but when i turned it up my speakers started to make bass out of the tweeters

Then we need to have a closer look at the your system. More specifically, we need to check that amplifier of yours. :(

Adelaideprosound
10-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Using a Class D monoblock amplifier for 6x9 speaker duties which need a full range signal is not normally advisable.

Most Class D monoblocks dont have any clean output past the 250hz mark, so running full range speakers of them will not give a desired result.

The monoblock in question is it Class AB or Class D, pardon me i am not good with Fusion terminology.

fusionprelude
12-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Then we need to have a closer look at the your system. More specifically, we need to check that amplifier of yours. :(
ive had it checked its fine but i got told my tweeters have a low pass cap. instead of high

Fhrx
12-03-2006, 05:56 PM
ive had it checked its fine but i got told my tweeters have a low pass cap. instead of high

You mean the value of the cap crossed the signal too low.:)

Coils low pass sound.

fusionprelude
12-03-2006, 06:00 PM
yeah its very weird. i hav them running on high pass off my amp and now they fine. wot brand wolud u recomend for buyin 6x9s

Fhrx
12-03-2006, 07:42 PM
wot brand wolud u recomend for buyin 6x9s

Choice of speakers depends on a few things. One of the main determining factors though is the type of music that will be played through them the majority of the time and budget. Check out some of these:

Oz Audio Vector V6X9X3
http://www.ozaudio.com

Boston SX95
http://www.bostonacoustics.com

Hertz HCX690
http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com

Vibe QB69
http://www.vibeaudio.com.au

Morel Pulse 6x9
http://www.morel.co.il

Diamond M39Li
http://www.diamondaudio.com

Focal 690CV1
http://www.focal-fr.com

They're some of our better sellers. :)

fusionprelude
13-03-2006, 11:20 AM
thanks

ICACHA
13-03-2006, 08:23 PM

Mate what you have said is right, but the high passing of the 6x9's I'm not convinced, I've yet to come across a mono amp designed for subwoofer applications that can deliver a 20-20k response :confused:

BRU51N
18-03-2006, 04:35 AM
monoblocks tend to control lower frequency's than higher...

there for the tune in ur amp is very limited, the hertz would be very low. where as an amp for speakers range would be fairly high, and more tuning allowed for clarity etc..

invest in a new amp that would be suitable for speakers... it'll sound 10X better i reckon.

monoblocks were made for subwoofers.

marte
19-03-2006, 11:40 AM
yeah i was just wondering why you were running 6x9's off a mono anyways... too much bass isnt audio heaven :confused: