PDA

View Full Version : Break Problem with Jazz

enoch
09-03-2006, 01:56 PM
hi guys
i got a new jazz, but im finding the breaks a bit of a prob. they're firstly very stiff, but even if i press it harder, the doesn't seem to stop. it's getting quite dangerous as i always over shot the white line. i never speed, always on limit and i break quite early. does everyone have this problem? or did i get a lemon? if it is a lemon and i'm in an at fault accident, do i have a case against honda?
cheers

aaronng
09-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Bring it to the dealer.... TODAY! NOW!

crazyray
09-03-2006, 02:55 PM
what AARONNG said

SiReal
09-03-2006, 03:01 PM
my guess = master cylinder...yep dealer it.

sassy_fit_vtit
09-03-2006, 05:50 PM
.. call me when ur on the road.. lol..

get it checked out

Ms Fit
09-03-2006, 11:02 PM
sorry to said that......do you mean brake? lol...

civiceg9
09-03-2006, 11:16 PM
seems weird to fail so quick when just out of the show room
brakes is an important part of a car and Honda have a high quality control

aaronng
10-03-2006, 09:16 AM
I think the master cylinders are made by another company. They might work during testing and all that, but could fail when on the road after a few months. Happens to clutch master cylinders too. I had mine replaced when my car was 3-4 months old.

MR Spyder
11-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Do a rear disc brake conversion, together with an upsized front brake modification. ;)

Confirm your Jazz will stop as and when u want it to stop. :D

vividjazz
11-03-2006, 06:34 AM
When you pull up on a dime just wait for the big hit in the back from the fool behind. Then your car is off the road for a couple of weeks each time while the rear end is replaced time and time again. After this occurs about half a dozen times you'll learn.

As for the issue at hand doesn't sound normal and is a dealer/manufacturer fix.

NvM
11-03-2006, 06:18 PM
never, least u cant be at fault... but what u prob said is true, we'll see when i have them installed :P

vividjazz
11-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Its little consolation when your always in the right and your car is off the road for weeks at a time being repaired multiple times. Insurance doesn't give you a hire car while its being repaired unless you take out that extra option.

enoch
13-03-2006, 12:51 PM
thanks guys
getting the car looked at tmr.
what if honda denies there's any problem?

Poeter
13-03-2006, 07:02 PM
They'll probably ask you to demonstrate the problem before they start denying anything

ahcash
14-03-2006, 08:38 AM
thanks guys
getting the car looked at tmr.
what if honda denies there's any problem?

If they do.. make them sign a piece of paper saying that they will pay for the damages if you can't stop in time and hit someone or some cars... ;) Just kidding..

I am sure they will fix it straight away .. your life is at risk if they don't and you can sue them for every cents they've got..

Nool
15-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Purleeese! If the problem is as you describe, Honda can't deny there's a problem. By now you should have seen them anyway. If the pedal is stiff, but the car's still not stopping it could be a master cylinder. However, have you checked that there's nothing accidentally jammed under the pedal?

NvM
17-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Its little consolation when your always in the right and your car is off the road for weeks at a time being repaired multiple times. Insurance doesn't give you a hire car while its being repaired unless you take out that extra option.

but in all honesty u wouldnt be braking at the last minute every single time would u, think about it... i dont even brake 100% with my current brakes... however i do intend to take my car track thus i could kinda, actually i cant justify the cost... lol...

Honda isn't so much the problem i find it is the dealers trying not to admit to the fault...