PDA

View Full Version : Hondata Test Car

Peekay34
09-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Can you please contact me if you are interested and based in Melbourne to assist us with some testing for the Hondata reflash. The car we are looking for must be completely stock (as far as the engine goes and exhaust and a manual). The car will be required for back to back testing on a Dyno. It may require some tests over a few days so you must be prepared to supply your car.

For your help you will get a 50% discount on the ECU reflash.

stephen8512
09-03-2006, 03:39 PM
someone donate their car! this is an awesome offer! i would give my car in a second if i were in melb and if my car was stock

Atjo
09-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I have 19' wheel, lowered spring & bodykit. Can i still supply my car?

Peekay34
09-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Body mods are not an issue only engine mods....must be completely stock as stated. Must be a manual no exhaust mods.

aaronng
09-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Oh Hondata, please do your testing in Sydney too... My car here and willing..

integral90
09-03-2006, 04:53 PM
ooh me too also = teh willing in sydney

kam
09-03-2006, 06:12 PM
ajto, was your car at a performance workshop in clayton today, westall road a think ? the place with the blue evolution r S15 ?

Atjo
09-03-2006, 06:45 PM
ajto, was your car at a performance workshop in clayton today, westall road a think ? the place with the blue evolution r S15 ?

yeah, how did you know that's my car? My car is at RE Customs to fit in bodykit.

Atjo
09-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Body mods are not an issue only engine mods....must be completely stock as stated. Must be a manual no exhaust mods.

My engine still stock, no exhaust mods & manual. So how can i supply my car?

Peekay34
09-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Talk to James 0417875785... he is the tuner I am just helping him out.

kam
10-03-2006, 03:48 PM
yeah, how did you know that's my car? My car is at RE Customs to fit in bodykit.

well, its in your avatar :p

i was there with a few mates, and saw the blue euro, hmmm, that looks familiar...

your wheels are wide as lol, maybe need to roll your gaurds...

wat kit you getting put on ?

just when i was leaving, some of the agentz crew rocked up, merc, white euro and a X5, crazy mofo's lol

ProECU
10-03-2006, 04:03 PM
50% discount... he should be offering it free for your time & assistance and Risk taken to your $35k+ investment.

Tobster
10-03-2006, 04:45 PM
50% discount... he should be offering it free for your time & assistance and Risk taken to your $35k+ investment.
That's what I would have thought. What's he going to do? Ask for your ECU back?

RnD cars are just that -- voluntarily given and what develops should be voluntarily offered by the developer. That's manners...

Ferrarista
10-03-2006, 05:30 PM

Exactly :thumbdwn:

Gibbo
10-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Man - i just hope the test doesnt take too long... I thought they already had a test car and it was close to production stage ? I have been waiting for this mod for AGES! Well it should be worth it - i just hope that the use of donated test cars means a saving in the final price of the product.. I mean after all if they dont have to buy a car to test it on that SHOULD equate to a saving for the consumer, right? Maybe they will choose to give a discount to the loyal and faithful Ozhonda members... Either way i just want that upgrade! Cheers
( P.s - there isnt meant to be any malice in the above statement, i understand about R&D and the costs involved, its all good just a friendly taunt)

Chris_F
10-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Funny how the test cars have to pay still if you ask me. Personally if the reflash is over 1000 i won't be getting it. in america its 595 us dollars. Thats what, 700-800 australian.

yfin
10-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Funny how the test cars have to pay still if you ask me. Personally if the reflash is over 1000 i won't be getting it. in america its 595 us dollars. Thats what, 700-800 australian.

Yeah but look at the economies of scale - the market is so much bigger with so many more Acura TSX's sold. The reflash for the Euro is also a redesign - ie not the same flash sold on the TSX.

That said - I know where you are coming from re the price. I am tempted to save the money for my next car whatever that is. Rumours about the 2008 Euro are really promising - especially the possible styling and I am thinking power upgrade baby and 4WD!- see:

http://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/tokyo/0510_tokyo_honda_sports_4_01_445.jpg

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=107644

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/tokyo/0511_honda_sports_4/ (http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/tokyo/0511_honda_sports_4/)

Atjo
10-03-2006, 09:11 PM
well, its in your avatar :p

i was there with a few mates, and saw the blue euro, hmmm, that looks familiar...

your wheels are wide as lol, maybe need to roll your gaurds...

wat kit you getting put on ?

just when i was leaving, some of the agentz crew rocked up, merc, white euro and a X5, crazy mofo's lol

I'm getting mugen kit. I took my car today but i have to go there again tuesday to put the front mesh grille. I roll my guards already & before i fit mugen kit my car even lower than now. I'll put post the picture when the car is ready.

yfin
11-03-2006, 04:22 AM
atjo / kam - lets keep on topic here. Incidental comments are ok but not if the entire post has nothing to do with the thread.

xiang
11-03-2006, 04:38 PM
ohhhhh me me me!!
if only i was in melbourne..:(

Omotesando
11-03-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm surprised no one's taken the offer yet!

Well 50% off price isn't that bad an incentive. There are R&D costs involved afterall.

How about instead of 50% off price, the tester gets 10% profit on future sales :D

Just joking!!

BiLL|z0r
11-03-2006, 05:22 PM
If it's just a few dyno runs to get a comparison for stock vs chipped then 50% is ok, but anymore and I rkn it should be free and 50% off the recommended exhaust and cai to match.

Peekay34
11-03-2006, 07:22 PM
That is all it is for... Trouble is as usual every body wants everything for free.. 50% off for some basic testing is a good offer just to do back to back. This has cost me plenty in time, money and effort for which you Guys who take it up will benefit from it ...I personaly make no financial gain from this at all just the opposite... the development work costs to Hondata and James are quite large... The costs of couriers to the States alone is very expensive as well as the Dyno costs some of that money has to be recovered somehow ...... Also how you can compare a US reflash to an Aus reflash astounds me....Our fuel is different and our engines run diffrently performance wise if you tried a US reflash it will not work on our cars. Also more power is coming from this version than the US .......All you are asked for is a few tests... If you want to take up the offer do it ....if you don't want to well that is your choice. Anyway the figure could be less. It is up to you to negotiate with James not me.

Chris_F
11-03-2006, 07:27 PM
well just for some basic before and afters etc. that is a very good deal indeed. Peekay, i'm sure all your help and given time getting hondata up and running in Australia will be greatly appreciated by many euro owners:thumbsup:

EuroAccord13
11-03-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm closing this THREAD now...

All Peekay wants is for someone to volunteer the car. Not make comments about it. Everyone is entitled to their comments no doubt about it but this post isn't about commenting on whether it should be done free or not. It's about LOOKING for volunteers..

If you want to volunteer your STOCK ACCORD EURO for the project, please PM Peekay personally.

His Conditions Again As Posted

Can you please contact me (PEEKAY) if you are interested and based in Melbourne to assist us with some testing for the Hondata reflash. The car we are looking for must be completely stock (as far as the engine goes and exhaust and a manual). The car will be required for back to back testing on a Dyno. It may require some tests over a few days so you must be prepared to supply your car.

For your help you will get a 50% discount on the ECU reflash.