PDA

View Full Version : Will euro lux wheels fit euro standard?

Entity
09-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Hi, i know this question has been asked before, i just can't find the thread!!

i remember someone saying something about the factory suspension being moderately different but does it make a huge difference?

i have an 05 euro and i just wanted to know if i can buy 2nd hand 17x7 euro lux wheels and pop them on my car without too much hassle?

also, since it is 0.5" wider, will it come out toward the guard more? (since both offset is 55?)

oh and if anyone is selling their lux wheels plz pm me thx =]

ngupil
10-03-2006, 01:41 AM
i dont think it will cause any major problem. should fit in easily

Tobster
10-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Generally, there's nothing to stop you doing it -- it's all legal and the fit will be fine.

However, Honda say that the suspension components are slightly different, so if anything goes wrong, your suspension wouldn't be covered under warranty.

BiLL|z0r
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
But even that depends on how anal the dealer wants to be.

yfin
10-03-2006, 12:41 PM
But even that depends on how anal the dealer wants to be.

I agree - I have also seen more than one Honda dealer have Euros (std and lux) on the showroom floor with aftermarket 17" and 18" rims for the Euro. These customers will not have any suspension warranty issues - I guarantee it!

Entity
10-03-2006, 11:39 PM
So, its safe to say it'll just pop straight on?

anyway can anyone answer the question regarding it being 0.5" wider? will it come out toward the guard more?

the 16" doesn't seem to fill the guards too well but the extra 0.5" might help :)

yfin
11-03-2006, 03:53 AM

anyway can anyone answer the question regarding it being 0.5" wider? will it come out toward the guard more?

the 16" doesn't seem to fill the guards too well but the extra 0.5" might help :)

relax it will bolt on fine ;)

The rim and tyre will be 0.5" closer to the outside panels of the car. As for filling the guards - that is more to do with the profile of the tyre and whether you have lowered the car. If you stick with roughly the same overall circumference the rim/tyres will fill the guard exactly the same as the 16" OEM. I have gone with a slightly different profile on my 7.5" rims (235/45/17) which did fill the guards much more, protects my rims better - and it also made the speedo closer to the actual travelling speed. It is worth exploring this size on your rims but I have a recollection that 235 is not a recommended size for a 7" rim. So if you want to fill the guards lower the car.

PNR888
11-03-2006, 08:41 AM

0.5" wider rim will only make the wheel come out toward the edge of the guard a little bit, It will just look like the stock Euro Lux you can see in the show room. It's all legal, no problem at all. :thumbsup:

You will have more problem if the offset of the rim is too low. (eg, + 40) then you have to worry about the wheel is sticking out of guard, which is illegal unless you have your guard rolled.

coyote
14-03-2006, 10:02 AM
oh and if anyone is selling their lux wheels plz pm me thx =]

I'm not selling any, but look on eBay...