PDA

View Full Version : does the vafc 1 and vafc 2 have the same wiring harness

FastFwd
10-03-2006, 09:13 AM
i have a vafc 1 but want to upgrade to a vafc 2 for cosmetic reasons. can anyone tell me if the wiring/wiring harness is the same?

EuroAccord13
10-03-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm pretty sure it's different solely because of the extra engine sensors and readings the VAFC-II has with it...

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

90xsi
10-03-2006, 03:41 PM
my guess it would be pretty much the same except vafc 2 has knock sensor input and vafc 1 doesnt. similar but not 100% the same

what is the problem?

FastFwd
14-03-2006, 07:43 AM
my mate gave me his old vafc 1 and i got it wired up professionally even though i probably could have done it, just didnt have the time. anyways i took the car to hyperdrive to get it tuned and he tried adjusting all the fuel/air settings and nothing changed. all the display seems to be fine e.g rpm and pressure display. but just doesnt change fuel maps. i was thinkin about just getting it replaced with a vafc 1 if i can find another person thats selling one. or just buy a brand new vafc 2. or see if i can get this fixed?

what you reckon would be the best way to do it. i dont mind i kinda wanted the vafc two for cosmetic reasons to but atm i dont care cos i need it tuned badly. running the turbo with standard fuel maps.