PDA

View Full Version : idicator blinking fast?

FastFwd
10-03-2006, 10:15 AM
hey guys pulled apart my dash last night to try and rebolt my tacho because it started to come loose and put it all back together and now my indicator on the right is blinking fast..

- all the bulbs are still working
- checked the hasard button connections and a few other things.

can someone help me?

Q_ball
10-03-2006, 10:20 AM
if all your lights work whilst indicating, then it indicates that you're losing power somewhere, and the other set of bulbs are receiving more power, hence the quicker flash.
check all ya wiring for ya indicator bulbs.
it also could mean that one or more of your bulbs are about to blow.
try searching next time int eh tech forums...this has been covered off many times :)

EuroDude
10-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Sounds like you forgot to plug in something behind the cluster. Are all the cluster lights working (especially the cluster indicator lights)?

From what I have noticed, the cluster lights use the same line as the outside indicators, because when the indicators flash on, the incidator light on the cluster dims a bit.

FastFwd
10-03-2006, 10:37 AM
the bulks are all brand new, just replaced them all about two weeks ago. also the indicator on the guage cluster is working fine aswell. to my understanding everything seems to be completely fine becides the fast indication.

Q_ball
10-03-2006, 10:41 AM
check the wiring down the right side of the car....
are ur wires fine??
you may be losing power somewhere along the line

FastFwd
10-03-2006, 10:56 AM
im going to pull it all apart again this arvo and ill see how i go from there

Dylanamus
10-03-2006, 11:26 AM
This happens occasionally on my mate's civic, he says it's just the "relay". He can't be bothered fixing it though apparently hehe

bungsai
10-03-2006, 11:28 AM
check ure tail lights and other bulbs...or maybe u have a blown indicator somewhere, this usually causes ure indicators to blink physcho...

FastFwd
10-03-2006, 11:34 AM
nah as i said before all bulbs are fine. it has happened once before and then i just stopped blinking fast all of a sudden. but today it hasnt stopped. dunno what the deal with it is

Q_ball
10-03-2006, 11:35 AM
check ure tail lights and other bulbs...or maybe u have a blown indicator somewhere, this usually causes ure indicators to blink physcho...

hey guys pulled apart my dash last night to try and rebolt my tacho because it started to come loose and put it all back together and now my indicator on the right is blinking fast..

- all the bulbs are still working
- checked the hasard button connections and a few other things.

can someone help me?

already stated la :p

bungsai
10-03-2006, 12:31 PM
oooh sorry ah...haha...all bulbs in the tacho/dash or all car??

FastFwd
10-03-2006, 12:56 PM
yeh all bulbs are fine....so are all bulbs behind my dash cluster

EuroDude
10-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Maybe one of the indicator bulbs are on its way out?
Old bulbs cause excess resistance and cause the indicators to flash fast.

I would swap all the right indicator bulbs with the left ones and see if the problem then happens on the left.
If so, then change the old bulb(s)

[edit] just realised u said they are only 2 weeks old, but its worth a try swapping them around anyway for diagnostic reasons.

Q_ball
10-03-2006, 01:05 PM
the bulks are all brand new, just replaced them all about two weeks ago. also the indicator on the guage cluster is working fine aswell. to my understanding everything seems to be completely fine becides the fast indication.
hes covered that too la...

VTC-8OY
11-03-2006, 12:54 AM
thats why never fiddle with the gauge cluster. thats my biggest regret.. best bet would be take it to a electrician...

kOncept
11-03-2006, 03:39 AM
did you happen to replace any of the indicator bulbs with LEDs instead?

Due to the drop in resistance with LEDs I think this may cause it to flash faster?

FastFwd
13-03-2006, 10:01 AM
i found that its a dodgy relay. when i went out the other night it started to work again without me doing anything

TRU32U
13-03-2006, 01:32 PM
its your re-lay 100% happened to me.
outta no where it starts blinkin faster if so its realay\bulb but most time its the relay.

TRU32U
13-03-2006, 01:33 PM
oops i see u worked it out alredi ^^^^:P my bad

FastFwd
14-03-2006, 07:37 AM
yeh its deffinatly my relay, i just wants to go fast sometimes and slow others. but it only happens rarely. does anyone know where the relay switch is for it.